TubeAmp vs AxeUltra = my test

Where is the RealAmp?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nolik

Hello boys,
I’m about to get close to the real TubeAmp sound as much as possible. For a moment, that’s all I could get. I appreciate if you take a minute to compare it by your ears:

Tonal characters are different, but close.

How deep the simulation irritates your ears?
Thanks.

PS: Today I decided to publish the answer because experiment already worked fine, and result is clear. You can check it on the page #3 of this thread.
If you not voted yet, I appreciate if you try it before visiting page #3.

Last edited:
that is real close.still not sure.i picked no. 2. as the real amp.clip 1 the low end seems compressed,clip2 low end seems more open and full.
but it doesn't really matter,if you like the sound,it doesn't matter what its coming out of.:)

Second half for me. No idea if its the real one - but its the one that sounded better. First half had too much high Freq content for my liking.

You need an "I can't tell" choice. I'm serious. Your results will be screwed up if people are guessing in such a small sample space And to be honest, those are close enough to identical that I have no idea which one would be an amp, so any response to your poll from me would be literally, a guess.

Anyway, regardless, great job! :)

Last edited:
Couldn't really tell the difference, voted for 1 as the "real amp", very eager to know the results to this test!

Well boys,
I’m glad you see the result as almost identical. Thanks.

The purpose was to get close to the RealTube. The aim is done as I can see. The reason is that I definitely hear the difference when I play. Of course, RealTube gets me less compress and more liquid sound. But I’m not confident whether public will hear and appreciate the difference in my Albums...

Thanks for the informal comparison. Do you plan on revealing which is which at some point?[/QUOTE

Yeas, of course. I’ve set voting for 30 days. Let’s give a chance to some others to check it out also.

But some results we already can see now :)

"30 days"!? Hahahahahahahaha

FWIW: the 2nd clip sounds a bit bigger so I say that's the amp...

30 days.... Funny...

They both sound really good...

I'm guessing the first one is the real amp based on the extra noise, but I prefer the tone of the second half better.

Back
Top Bottom