Trey A for FW19.00 beta 2

iaresee

Administrator
A re-work of my Trey A patch -- taking advantage of those newly G3'ed 808 drive models. I've switched over to the 808 MOD models and the dial positions match much more closely with what Trey has his actual pedals set at. I've also dialed back the sustain on the compressor block; it was getting a little too squishy there at times.

It's using a custom-mixed cabinet IR but you can also use the TAF_Art+TangoJR-MIX IR from the factory cabs (non-XL/XL+ owners can find this IR in the firmware download zip file) as a decent replacement for my custom mix.

The custom mix is:

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-31%20at%209.47.36%20PM.png

Patch is here: Axe-Change - Download Preset - Trey A - FW19.00 beta 2 - by iaresee

Sorry, no clips tonight.

As always, look forward to checking it out Ian! I'm still on my tweaked version of your FW14 patch. It'll be cool to see how you set up the 808 Mods.

Won't be home for a few more days though...

A re-work of my Trey A patch -- taking advantage of those newly G3'ed 808 drive models. I've switched over to the 808 MOD models and the dial positions match much more closely with what Trey has his actual pedals set at. I've also dialed back the sustain on the compressor block; it was getting a little too squishy there at times.

It's using a custom-mixed cabinet IR but you can also use the TAF_Art+TangoJR-MIX IR from the factory cabs (non-XL/XL+ owners can find this IR in the firmware download zip file) as a decent replacement for my custom mix.

The custom mix is:

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-31%20at%209.47.36%20PM.png

Patch is here: Axe-Change - Download Preset - Trey A - FW19.00 beta 2 - by iaresee

Sorry, no clips tonight.

Patch is for XL/XL+ right?
I've still got a II, love Trey's tone though.

Sent from my iPhone

As always, look forward to checking it out Ian! I'm still on my tweaked version of your FW14 patch. It'll be cool to see how you set up the 808 Mods.

Won't be home for a few more days though...

Let me know what you think of the drive changes. They're both less tweaked than before and both are running more gain than in the past. It was much easier to match them to my Analogman modded TS-9 with the G3 rework to them.

I will. AFAIK I haven't modified the drive settings from your orig, but I have tweaked the amps a little for my gear and only use the USA Clean, no Shiva (I've always had trouble dialing it in to my liking). Amp 1X is clean and punchy (yes, there's that word from the other thread ;-)... and Y uses the 5-band amp EQ in the classic inverted V shape for a more cutting tone (I think that was from your preset as well). Then I copied these to Amp 2 and added Sat to get another level of drive w/ all the other settings the same, so its got a really nice range of tone and drive, all in the Trey-sphere.

This patch works great whether I run FR or thru either of my amps, and covers almost everything I'm playing right now, from Meters and Crusaders to Phish, GD, and Panic. I'll upload it after I get home and do some tweaking of the whole thing to get it dialed in for G3. I'm still on FW18 since FW19 came out right before I went out of town.

I'll be trying this out soon. You designed this to be like his current rig right? I'd like to hear your take on a late 90s tone as well.

You designed this to be like his current rig right? I'd like to hear your take on a late 90s tone as well.

More or less, yes. Used the 2014 summer and fall tours as my primary reference points. But it's all kind of handy-wavy though since I place a solid body PRS and not a fully hollow Laungedoc. :D

More or less, yes. Used the 2014 summer and fall tours as my primary reference points. But it's all kind of handy-wavy though since I place a solid body PRS and not a fully hollow Laungedoc. :D

Close enough unless you're rich, you could play a Languedoc through a toaster and it'd probably sound good. I use a 335 with your older version and it sounds awesome. I was looking for something to tone match, but they only electric guitar I could find without crowd noise or the rest of the band was the Farmhouse version of Gotta Jibboo, which made for a pretty decent match. I should poke around the solo albums now that I think of it cause I believe Night Speaks To A Woman has some isolated guitar parts.

Yea, Jibboo would be a good song to get a match to. Might have to try that as well. The Chalkdust intro would be another good one off the top of my head.

I've always wondered if even just a hollow or semi-hollow body would get me closer and make me happier. I should buy one...

When it's cranked and you hit that sweet spot it can really sing and get some of that nice resonance type sustain.

I have an Ibanez Artist from about 1980 (think the "Scofield guitar") and it does get me closer than my 513. Pups aren't quite the same as his 59s though.

Actually my Standard 22 SE which is a solid body probably nails the Chalkdust/Wilson tone even better.

Had it out to rehearsal tonight, up loud. Went back and forth between TS808 MOD and the TS 808 and in the end settled on the TS 808. Same settings, just different model. The MOD sounded better at home, but at full volume it had way too much low end. Got pretty wooly.

Recommend you check it with just the TS 808 model.

I do. Kind of sitting on changes right now as I wait for my new guitar to arrive. Because it'll probably make things...very different. :D

Back
Top Bottom