Total Fresh Setup when FW11 comes around the corner

I'm a bit like GibsonLesPaul. :) When installing a major OS upgrade on my computer I always start from scratch (fresh). Even if it takes me almost a day. The computer really flies after that.

I like the idea of a having a total clean Axe fx. But it will take much more than a day to recreate the patches that I have worked on for days. Also I even don't remember exactly how I created some of the patches. And I need them for my bands and projects. So starting totally from scratch would be a PITA for me.

Last edited:
so what sort of strange thing from old crap are you talking about exactly? corrupt files or effect blocks or something?
In the past, I've discovered weird things in my presets that were done by Axe-Edit, but I didn't realize it at the time, and only discovered it later. This raises the question: what else has Axe-Edit done to my presets or machine that I haven't discovered yet? I can understand why a person would want a fresh start.

Not sure if I am totally into it and am willing to pull the trigger yet but if I want a totally clean (like brand new) Axe II what are the exact steps I have to take?
Reading all this (and other topics) got me paranoid and although it will take me very long time to recreate all my presets I will know for sure that I start with a clean Axe fx (and clear mind):
-load the clean sysx?
-load the bank clean sysx?
-reinstall FW11?
Is that all? and in what order?

Or will it suffice to just clear bank C and start making your presets from that clean C bank? keeping my old presets in bank A and B as a blueprint.

Upload the clean system file for fw 11.
Upload the empty bank file to all 3 banks.

Now it's clean.

You don't have to reinstall fw 11. Doesn't hurt either.

Upload the empty bank file to all 3 banks.

thanks. Fractal Bot doesn't recognize the the blank_bank file it is greyed out so I can't select it. Tried it several times and downloaded it again. Can you maybe give me a new link with a working blank bank file?

Yeeeaaaah!
My fresh setup is DONE! It took couple hours, but now things are nice, clean and order! :D

Here is my workflow:
1. Update AFX to fw11.
2. Run CleanSystemFw11 file
3. Manually add user cabs back to AFX (i also re-installed 51-100 slots)
4. Reset all the amp blocks (i did leave my main patches in AFX and just reset the amp blocks and re-dialed the amp settings in)

I had some communication problems with AE3 before i did this cleaning, so i hope those are gone for now. :)

Run CleanSystemFw11 file

just to be sure: The cleansystem file only clears your user cab and sets all system settings to default? doesn't harm your presets or anything?
Did you use the file from Yek (the one on page 3)? I thought it is not specific for FW11?

Yeeeaaaah!
My fresh setup is DONE! It took couple hours, but now things are nice, clean and order! :D

Here is my workflow:
1. Update AFX to fw11.
2. Run CleanSystemFw11 file
3. Manually add user cabs back to AFX (i also re-installed 51-100 slots)
4. Reset all the amp blocks (i did leave my main patches in AFX and just reset the amp blocks and re-dialed the amp settings in)

I had some communication problems with AE3 before i did this cleaning, so i hope those are gone for now. :)

Glad we have a set by step guide. Gonna try it.
Few Q:
Can somebody give me a link to download FW11 Clean system file. The one in AE3 manual opens it only on my Mac.
What is the easiest way to clean user slots 51-100?
Thanks

Right click the link.

Or save the file in the browser.

Right click the link.

Or save the file in the browser.

Rightclick doesn't give me the download option strange enough, don't know why. Maybe because it's from a pdf.
Saving all those "��������������" doesn't feel good, it also wants to save it as a webarchive....

Any other option??

Rightclick doesn't give me the download option strange enough, don't know why. Maybe because it's from a pdf.
Saving all those "��������������" doesn't feel good, it also wants to save it as a webarchive....

Any other option??

Press Alt + mouse left button. It should download it directly that way.

Back
Top Bottom