Tonex One

I have questions (and a few gripes). What DSP chip are they using and what are they losing (besides effects of course) by shoving it in a micro pedal? why 20 presets and no midi? Bonus thought - hopefully they tighten up their software.

I have questions (and a few gripes). What DSP chip are they using and what are they losing (besides effects of course) by shoving it in a micro pedal? why 20 presets and no midi? Bonus thought - hopefully they tighten up their software.
It would be interesting to see if there is a lower sample rate or reduced latency to accommodate the form factor.

Because it’s $180
Here is what you get
2 amp a/b , recording out to DAW ,reverb , gate , compressor , 20 presets
Headphone out again 180 USD is insane

Tempted to grab one. I bought the ToneX software when it first came out but have barely used it. Just couldn't stand the UI. Looks like something that came out in 2005 and is kind of wonky to use. May have to give it another shot.

A nifty device who those who want to add existing profiling/captures to their existing rigs.
Includes A/B, tuner, compressor, reverb, gate and tone controls.
And headphones-compatible output.
Below €200. That's bound to be a winner.

Should be simple to just load a couple of downloaded captures, not?

Yeah probably. I just meant for the overall ecosystem. As with any capture device, I have zero desire to be beholden to someone else for tones. I’d want to be able to capture my own amps. Their software, IMO, is crap.
But once you get use to it it’s very simple. Tonocrazy has a bit better quality in the captures and it’s a lot faster. But they don’t have a hardware unit yet.

I have a client that is interested in setting up one of these along with a line6 HX-Stomp or similar as a small fly-rig.

Does the USB support midi over USB for PC commands for the 20 presets, and CC commands for the A/B function?

Back
Top Bottom