Tone Matches for Standand/Ultra

Holy Crap, I'll have to try these out later. Some of these look very promising. Thanks for uploading! \m/

I haven't even tried it yet, but thanks so much for this! ;) Really appreciate it!

Yeah, I haven't tried the newer ones yet but these are sweet! Thanks a lot man.

I use em directly into an interface then listen with Bose speakers.

Hi, thanks a lot for sharing...

One question. How do you make this tone matches?

Regards.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Hi, thanks a lot for sharing...

One question. How do you make this tone matches?

Regards.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

First of all, your welcome.

To make the tone matches I first find a good guitar only sample. These can be found on youtube or many other places online. I then import the sample into my DAW, where I use the plugin Ozone.
Try to find an amp/cab combo in your Axe-Fx that is similar to the tone you are matching. Then try to match the playing that the sample contains, create a test tone in the program
Voxengo Deconvolver and use the match EQ function in Ozone. Lastly export the wav file, import into whatever program you use to convert to .syx (I use axeomatic).

Clark Kent has an excellent tutorial on Youtube. I just tweaked the process a little to suit my preferences.

I'm quite confused on what your tone match does.. does it mimic the sound of the amp/cab? or you're matching a tone from a song or someone else?

sorry for this nuub question XD

I'm quite confused on what your tone match does.. does it mimic the sound of the amp/cab? or you're matching a tone from a song or someone else?

The only way I can think of how this is going to work is this:
Insert no amp, just a cab block with the Tonematch (=TM) and correct IR (cab sim). I can't try it right now, but making those tonematches would be pointless if you use a different amp in the preset.
Maybe the OP can give us some more feedback on this.

The files I used to make the tone matches were gathered from multiple sources. Most of the high gain ones were posted on Youtube with a soundclick link, and were recorded in a studio with the same cab and microphones. Just do a search on Youtube for "L.A. amp fest". These are where I obtained the files. They are also great videos to watch. The others were found on youtube or multitrack rips. I hope this makes sense.

The only way I can think of how this is going to work is this:
Insert no amp, just a cab block with the Tonematch (=TM) and correct IR (cab sim). I can't try it right now, but making those tonematches would be pointless if you use a different amp in the preset.
Maybe the OP can give us some more feedback on this.

The zip file contains patches and corresponding cab IRs. When you load the patch you should see an amp and two cab blocks. The amp block and first cab that follows the amp block are set to what was used in the matching process. The second cab is what you need to load the corresponding IR into. Does this clears up all or at least some of the confusion?

Back
Top Bottom