Tone match requests? Is this a thing?

sskkmm

Power User
So the AX8 is my first step into the fractal world, and I have a feeling that there is an Axe-FX in my future, but until then is anyone out there with a few minutes that could tone match some Andy Summers for me? I don't know how much time it takes...but I (and prob others) would be very happy to have these as Tone Matches or (For us AX8 users) a Cab.

Would love to try these compared to my ear attempts.

Thanks in advance if anyone is willing to do this. Will buy you a beer or two if you come near Fairfax, VA.

Reference files: (I have the .oggs too but urls are easier to share here)

Roxanne:
Can't Stand Losing:
Synchron II:

Tone matches need to be done with your own guitars, pickups, and presets for best results. Any tonal differences between your setup (guitar, pickups, preset settings, etc.) and the setup used to make the tone match would skew the end result. Also, tracks with heavy effects like chorus, flanger, phaser, wah, etc. often won't yield very accurate tone matches due to the moving notch and comb filters produced by these effects, which can skew the tone match. Other people's tone matches are are often of limited usefulness unless you share presets before hand and have very similar guitars, pickups, playing techniques, etc. If someone creates a tone match using say a Les Paul into a Super Reverb and you try to apply that tone match IR to your preset using a Strat and Plexi, the end result will likely be quite different.

Back
Top Bottom