To get or not to get the 2U Matrix amp?

Pestvic

I have the 1U amp and its amazing.

I just put in an order to exchange it for the 2U.

Is the 2U version that much better? quieter? Or is it really not worth the effort to exchange if I already have the 1U?

Thanks guys!

P.S. Im talking about the GT1000FX Models

the guys from Matrix who were at Axe Fest West told me that the 2U is more quiet. Different fans than the 1U. Other than that, they are the same internal parts

I have a GT1000FX as well and mine is dead quiet. I don't know how it could be any quieter personally, but Matt from Matrix says it is. If you are going to replace it you should get that new 1500, 3 channel amp that they are coming out with next month, that will be a great amp to own.

I play out a lot and it would really bug me if there was a lot of noise, but I just don't hear it so far, plus honestly the AXE FX's noise gate is so good, that I don't hear a peep. The air conditiong and the drummer farting around with his drums constantly is way louder to me. :D

So pretty much only if I want the quiet, then get it? The 1U version is just as tough and rated for the live and touring setting correct? Thanks for the info man, I think I was over excited about it late last night... I need to stop ordering gear when I'm sleep deprived hahaha. I got to cancel this order... :p

I have a GT1000FX as well and mine is dead quiet. I don't know how it could be any quieter personally, but Matt from Matrix says it is. If you are going to replace it you should get that new 1500, 3 channel amp that they are coming out with next month, that will be a great amp to own.

I play out a lot and it would really bug me if there was a lot of noise, but I just don't hear it so far, plus honestly the AXE FX's noise gate is so good, that I don't hear a peep. The air conditiong and the drummer farting around with his drums constantly is way louder to me. :D
HAHA for sure! I think ill wait for that new amp then :) Is there going to be a 1U version?

a 3 channel power amp by Matrix is coming out ? any idea on the price and like the 2U would it be designed for both live and studio usage?

I know Matt from Matrix, will chime in at some point and state the price, but from memory I thought he said it would be around $1159, he'll know for sure, obviously.

very cool, Ive been talking with Matt about this exchange. He called me and set it up right away. Hes a great guy. I feel really bad now canceling this order. Hope I didnt waste his time.

very cool, Ive been talking with Matt about this exchange. He called me and set it up right away. Hes a great guy. I feel really bad now canceling this order. Hope I didnt waste his time.

I had basically done the same thing kind of. I originally chatted with Mark Day asking him if there were going to have any GT1000fx for sale at AXE-FEST west and he said he wasn't sure, so I pmed Matt from Matrix and he said that he would bring one for me, now what a cool guy to do that, anyway, I talked with Mark at the event and he said that he had some, so I told Matt thanks, and told them that I had already talked to mark and Matt was very good about it. He say's no worries it will sale, and I can only imagine that it did. Steller company, and stellar product.

Yep, here is it's picture at the LA Amp Show.
GALLERY: L.A. Amp Show 2012 - Premier Guitar
This looks really neat and if it does the job well for both studio and live usage then I can wait till next month. Not much time remains in the next month anyway. Thanks for the picture.
The dealers for matrix for the US are the same as for the UK meaning the official website is the only place where you can purchase Matrix products. Am I correct?

This looks really neat and if it does the job well for both studio and live usage then I can wait till next month. Not much time remains in the next month anyway. Thanks for the picture.
The dealers for matrix for the US are the same as for the UK meaning the official website is the only place where you can purchase Matrix products. Am I correct?

I'm not exactly sure, to be honest. I'm only familiar with Tone Merchants in California and Matt from Matrix in The forum here.

what exactly is the 3rd channel typically used for?

and what are the power specs at different resistences for each channel?

Last edited:
what exactly is the 3rd channel typically used for?

and what are the power specs at different resistences for each channel?

W/D/W

Wet - dry - Wet

Or two for stereo and one for your drummer or...

A lot of different scenarios, use one or use them all it doesn't matter. If it's only like 300 or 400 more dollars than the GT1000FX then that's not a bad deal.

I have the 1U amp and its amazing.

I just put in an order to exchange it for the 2U.

Is the 2U version that much better? quieter? Or is it really not worth the effort to exchange if I already have the 1U?

Thanks guys!

P.S. Im talking about the GT1000FX Models

I just got a Matrix 2U GT1000FX. I havent tried a 1U so I dont know...but compared to a QSC GX3 which had a horribly loud fan noise that was very audible in a room ( I dont gog...just a basement player)....Matrix is very very quiet.

Not comparing it to anything, its quiet in its own right...enough to say its not noticable.

Love it. My 2c for what thats worth...

Thanks

Calling the 1U quiet IMHO is a hearing problem.
It's probably physically impossible.

I actually find it quite irritating, even at loud volume, which is a hearing problem too :mrgreen

Now which 2U should I get? Hm... :p

Back
Top Bottom