TIPS on getting rid of that 'HIFI' sound. 1st look at '3'

Thanks Peter great to see you on the forum. You and Andrew from IM had a huge input on my decision to sell all my pedals and amps and go Fractal (AX8). So thanks very much - I'm forever indebted :)

I notice you have the Enhancer block on - is this just for the studio (I also have DynAudio, but just the smaller BM6a's) or do you do stereo live?

Thanks again!

Interesting idea stacking CLRs and eq... gotta try that.

If don't mind, what were your delay and rev settings used here?

Some comments:
1. The Compression knob in the Cathode Follower section controls the behavior of the preamp's cathode follower. Without getting too technical cathode followers are nonlinear compressors. They distort the signal and the distortion increases as more energy is input. A Deluxe doesn't have a cathode follower so that's why it defaults to zero.
2. The Output Compressor is a simplified version of the compressor block.
3. To really get the effect of speaker compression try the Speaker Compression knob. This behaves similarly to the output compressor but also "feeds back" to the power amp. As the speaker compresses the power amp behavior changes.
4. Superb playing and tones.

Awesome video and awesome to see you sharing your knowledge on here Pete. Definitely one of my favourite Aussie guitar players and an absolute master of tone!

Some comments:
1. The Compression knob in the Cathode Follower section controls the behavior of the preamp's cathode follower. Without getting too technical cathode followers are nonlinear compressors. They distort the signal and the distortion increases as more energy is input. A Deluxe doesn't have a cathode follower so that's why it defaults to zero.
2. The Output Compressor is a simplified version of the compressor block.
3. To really get the effect of speaker compression try the Speaker Compression knob. This behaves similarly to the output compressor but also "feeds back" to the power amp. As the speaker compresses the power amp behavior changes.
4. Superb playing and tones.

This is super helpful. Thanks!

Fractal should require a user watches this before selling them an Axe III.

I am blown away by the musicianship on this video. Wow. Dude.

That was a great video with great playing and advice. I tend to reach for those same controls a lot myself. Keep the videos coming!

Back
Top Bottom