Tip for saving custom IR info in your patch

shasha

Fractal Fanatic
I just came across this while trying to figure out the corrupted attachment issues the other day.

If you right click and go to properties on your sysex file (windows of course, not sure about Mac) there is a Summary page that you can put notes into.

I've been copying and pasting IR mix settings listed in the threads with some patches I've downloaded and now I don't have to try to remember what was used months later as long as I have that file available.

It could also help for people downloading them too.

And there are category dialogs for title, subject, author and keywords in there as well. These dialogs can be used in Windows Explorer's detail view by right clicking on the header area (you know, where name, size, type, etc. are) and by selecting one of these categories.

props.jpg

Here's an example of one that I just downloaded from another thread (not my work) that has been categorized.

Attachments

• SCOM 10.03.syx
    2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: Rex
On OS X you Ctrl-click (right click) and select Get Info. The only comments field is for Spotlight (search) Comments, which may be a good thing anyway.

I found a free editor for doing this in bulk format. It's called MetaChanger. You can download it here and register it here. It beats the crap out of right clicking on each one and doing it individually.

So after using Griffin's tool for figuring out what cabs I had in the user IR slots I've decided that all of my custom presets are going to be backed up and I'll be able to annotate what cab I used for it (this works for all sysex files I've tried so far). So if I end up replacing the IR in the slot for that preset I can upload that preset and know what IR I used in there.

Here's an example of how it would look

example.jpg

Back
Top Bottom