Tip for Matrix users

Tried it, and not totally convinced. (no longer having any real amps to compare to).

If you have not access to a real amp to make comparisons no way you are going to feel the difference. Sorry.
Our ears get used to everything we play and it becomes very hard if not impossible to make decisions based on pure air. Not to mention if you use to play at home alone you are likely going to find a pretty scooped tone more enjoyable. Play loud on a band mix and you will never cut-through. Not the case if you follow my tip.

I get that - and I generally play loud in a mix (though quite often to backing tracks). TBH my payches always seem to have more mids than most (when I download other peoples patches) so its possible I have compensated in other ways already. Its the "familiarity" with my patches as I have no reference at present thats the issue I guess. I really want a small valve amp I can use as a reference from time to time.

As I said though, it helped a lot with some sounds - its the cleans that I felt lacking, particularly in the sparkle end. Still I played fora couple of hours yesterday and it does make things sit better - even the cleans in most cases. I need to get my top end back on my AC30 patch but thats about it.

Back
Top Bottom