Thousands of dollars and years later, I finally found my tone!

It took a divorce and a moderate to severe OCD obsession, but finally found my dream tone! Simple template I started following to make all thse great tones I’m getting is using the 6160s preset, get Leon Todd’s tight 6160, just change the amp and cab to your liking with those surrounding blocks, and I’m now making noises to send to the ex wife to say it was worth her leaving me for having this guitar obsession to sound like this! Now all this time to search for this tone, now I need to learn to play the damn guitar.

Thanks Fractal

It took a divorce and a moderate to severe OCD obsession, but finally found my dream tone! Simple template I started following to make all thse great tones I’m getting is using the 6160s preset, get Leon Todd’s tight 6160, just change the amp and cab to your liking with those surrounding blocks, and I’m now making noises to send to the ex wife to say it was worth her leaving me for having this guitar obsession to sound like this! Now all this time to search for this tone, now I need to learn to play the damn guitar.

Thanks Fractal
Dont forget to make a backup ;)

Cheers 🍻

I dont want a divorce, but my Mrs Dixiethedog said to me the other day as we stood outside a guitar shop, "You dont need any more guitars, do you". I think it was a statement more than a question. How I laughed (silently inside my head).
I'd say congrats on finding a great tone and sound to work on and with. I keep on finding new tones every once in a while that blow my mind. Yesterday it was a selection of presets "Inspired by Yek" and today it is Fender amps with the magic 6 setting with a zendrive. I'm an old rocker type (Les Paul/Marshall) more likely to be playing hard rock but the Fender amps along with the zendrive have me playing some nice fat toned blues.
I love Fractal. I never ever thought I'd be admitting in public that I love Fender amps. I must be getting old(er than I think).
Rock on. I'm now going to go and try a 6160 out for size.

I dont want a divorce, but my Mrs Dixiethedog said to me the other day as we stood outside a guitar shop, "You dont need any more guitars, do you". I think it was a statement more than a question. How I laughed (silently inside my head).
I'd say congrats on finding a great tone and sound to work on and with. I keep on finding new tones every once in a while that blow my mind. Yesterday it was a selection of presets "Inspired by Yek" and today it is Fender amps with the magic 6 setting with a zendrive. I'm an old rocker type (Les Paul/Marshall) more likely to be playing hard rock but the Fender amps along with the zendrive have me playing some nice fat toned blues.
I love Fractal. I never ever thought I'd be admitting in public that I love Fender amps. I must be getting old(er than I think).
Rock on. I'm now going to go and try a 6160 out for size.
Magic 6 setting?

Same here. I always have great tone….now if I could just play a whole song through without muffing something…

Back
Top Bottom