Thinking hard about buying this, Suhr Corso...

My eyes teared up when Jim Kelley was talking about old rockers just playing at home now... Too old to rock n' roll but too young to die here :)

Versatile…if you have Pete's variety of guitars ;) and hands...

I've always liked how Jim Kelly amps sound, love the power scaling and musicality of my Badger, and with the deep/bright option that amp is a lot of tone/musicality for a lunchbox amp. Cool stuff.

Versatile…if you have Pete's variety of guitars ;) and hands...

I've always liked how Jim Kelly amps sound, love the power scaling and musicality of my Badger, and with the deep/bright option that amp is a lot of tone/musicality for a lunchbox amp. Cool stuff.

you can say that again!

It sounds like everything we already get out of the black box. If you're loaded with dispensable income and love toys, more power to ya but it seems ultra redundant.

It's interesting that part of the sales pitch is that you can plug it direct, straight into your DAW/computer.

But all the audio was recorded using a cabinet with an SM57 & Ribbon mic.

Weird. You would think they would demo the no cabinet sound at some point in this video.

The lack of such a sample makes me think the magic black box probably smokes it in such a head to head comparison or that it is not really that great sounding in such an application, even with Pete Thorn playing it.

Nice amp, but not something I am drooling over.

The only problem is, that no matter what gear you put in the hands of Mr. Guitar God Thorn it will sound amazing.
So he kind of outtalented his own demos :)

I have said it before that man could sell water to the fish.

I went through almost everyone of his demo and how too vids the other day. You can see how he progresses in his confidence, speaking and playing ability sense he started doing it, everything has just goten better. I know if I had a pice of gear I wanted the guitar community to get a good look at I would'n hesitate to get Pete to do it the man is in his element.

Back
Top Bottom