....Thinking about a 2nd strat , fav colors ?

1poorplayer

Power User
I've got a white strat now. My choice of neck is the modern C. These new PROFESSIONAL strats that replaced the STANDARD , are not for me. Too thick as they head to the body. Finally played one today.
Colors that catch my eye are :
Fiesta Red
Aztec gold
Mystic blue

I was curious what strat colors turn you guys on the most....

My favorites are bursts, white (aged) and natural woods with glossy finishes. I also hate pickguards but a strat or tele just isn't a strat or tele without them.

Love my Select series Strat. I'm not sure if they are still made or not, I got mine back in 2012. My top is nicer than the one pictured below. I stripped the lacquer from the back of the neck and fingerboard and then I tung oiled it. It really brought out the flame in the maple.

e45a49a7-4807-4bb4-8d0d-876ec9f56965.JPG

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/Fender_Select_Stratocaster_Review

I have two sunbursts, both w/ black pick guards - one Fender, one G&L. And two Ibanez bursts as well - an Artist and a bass. I would really like one of the natural blonde ones, love that look.

vs27uoevfclwqbgyy0fs.jpg

My 70's Strat looks like Yngwie's

I got it at a second hand store because it was so much cheaper than the 60's Strats I had been looking at.

I also love the 70's big headstock. I know people either love em or hate em, I really dig em.

Not my guitar but same color, vintage, finger board:

upload_2017-2-22_18-12-45.png

In all my years of dealing with Gibsons ; with their color , pickup , neck configurations , bindings or lack of , - I didn't expect this from Fender , lol. Man was I wrong.

Many of the best classic colors can only be found on NON- USA models , unless they happen to be over-priced reissues , which don't have the modern C neck that I like so much. Crazy.
And NOW , the American Standard has been replaced by the Professional series , which no longer has the modern C neck.
...Just throwing this out there. I've gotten my Fender education lately !

Back
Top Bottom