..TheAmpFactory Updated Info.

Thanks for the info Andy. I've always been mightily impressed by your work. I would like to request an Uberkab 412 (The cross pattern V30s and G12T-75s) and A Recto Cab with V30's for potential future updates. I just noticed that there are no 412's with V30's listed.

Are you going to load the same cab with different speakers like Own Hammer? I know that you both have different methods of working and I mean no disrespect when I ask. :)

I respect other peoples workflow if they get good results, and OwnHammer has there own way, I prefer to capture the cabs as they are, or meant to be. as some amp designs the wood exactly for the speaker in mind, the width and depth of the cab for a good reason, baffle bars, etc etc.. so I prefer to keep things as they are. I have a lot of cab traffic through here, so Ive no need to sit and swap speakers.

V30's 4x12 will come in the next round, along with some amazing zilla cabs loaded with Celestion Golds (my fav) and a lot of others....

Agreed! Think a different take on IR's will be cool. Love the OH stuff, but more is more better, lol.
You mentioned room mics, are these a separate IR capture? Would you then blend that with cab IR to taste? In other thread you mentioned method of blending stereo cabs for "3D effect" or something that you had taken a liking to. With UR cabs we can only run 2 mono cabs, or eventually, use CabLab to create mixes. Can you elaborate on the technique you were talking about and how we may be able to implement it using the Axe?

Thanks!

The idea here is that with a standard IR, it contains all the "close" information, this is exactly what you want as its direct, but with direct you loose some of the "outside" and which is also why micing a cab does not sound like in the room as you miss out on overall sound, reflections and the coloration of the mics+pres. - whist its practically impossible to re-create this exact feeling, there is a way to get some of the 3D feeling back. so I captured the room with a pair of stereo mics (U87/U67) Measured the distance as far as the IR could handle (up to 250ms or 8 foot), captured this per cab. - there is a "Room_L" and a "Room_R" - initially I thought we can use the stereo cab add the room mics, then use the Ultra res cab and use the close miced IR. of course this can be done, but will loose the benefits of the UR... so, instead I'm going to do it all baked to one IR... so MixIR+room+ambiance - this still works very effectively. and is a noticeable difference. -all these will come with the pack, so you can experiment with the ones I have created, then go ahead and create your own "room" sounds if you wish. - however, Im a Blues/classic rock guy.. and its brilliant for that loose style and blues riffs (low gain stuff) - but the high gainers here will not want to add this I dont think (im guessing not, but happy to be wrong)

Will the package include sample presets? Will the .wav format files be included?

Thanks.

I wont add Presets in terms of AxeFX presets.. but I will be adding my own MixIR's and MixIR's with room enabled. - WAV files are in discussion currently.

Andy, do you recall which BlackShadow speaker you used in the 1x12: MS-12 (Eminence), MC-90 (Celestion), EVM (Electro Voice) or Vintage (Eminence)?

Hi Max, it came from a Mesa Lonestar Special, so it was a MC90. (amazing amp btw)

So is the "mystery cab" Cliff is playing the Eminence Cream or Mesa/Celestion Black Shadow?

Yes, he was playing I think the Cream! : )

Andy, maybe the .wav files could be purchase separately, UltraRes is great an all, but for example, besides using the Axe FX i do use real amps and another stuff and in our studio we could use your cabinets IRs with tube preamps.

Really hoping they could be available in various formats.

Andy, maybe the .wav files could be purchase separately, UltraRes is great an all, but for example, besides using the Axe FX i do use real amps and another stuff and in our studio we could use your cabinets IRs with tube preamps.

Really hoping they could be available in various formats.

+1

I would pay extra for the .wav files too.

Would be a great addition.

Andy,

Will there be at least one mix IR of each speaker cab? What I really want to pay for is the expertise & experience of pro audio engineers setting up the whole chain. I don't have the time or the ear to wade through 100's of individual IRs. :)

Andy,

Will there be at least one mix IR of each speaker cab? What I really want to pay for is the expertise & experience of pro audio engineers setting up the whole chain. I don't have the time or the ear to wade through 100's of individual IRs. :)

Sure, to each set, there are all the different positions, multiple mics, and addition to that are The Rear cab ambiance, + room mics + MixIR (of 2 mics per cab) and a MixIR+Room+Ambiance. - the good thing here, is the way I have organized things. there is no need to wade through, as the way Ive captured them every position on every mic is usable (Ive culled the bad, and left the good)...you may find the MixIR that I created as default may be what your looking for right away.. however part of the fun is to be creative..: ) - but I understand you want a grab and go plug and play.. and to be honest, with these IR's I think you may find that easier than not! : )

you will find out soon! (tm)

I was exited as soon as I heard about these IR's, and after Cliff mentioned how much he's liking the sample in the other thread, I'm really pumped!

A Celestion Gold loaded cab will make this Axe-FX owner a very happy man! I have one in my Mesa Lonestar Special and it's a perfect match.

Now if only the first channel on the Lonestar Special could magically appear in the Axe-FX in the future...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom