The time has come to have G2 AMP Modeling (TM) and MIMIC (TM) in the ULTRA/STANDARD ?

Okay so which of these two is GEN1 and GEN2? Any wild guesses? Cliff guessed wrong.

Like I said... you CAN match them but only 10 slots and that's not enough for me so I went GEN2.

My advice is to stop complaining but instead saving up.

Gen1 than gen2, I guess... they are different in eq, it is difficult to compare them. A lot of distortion too... metal kent! ;)

Well I've already posted the answers so... :D Anyways, that's how close you can get if you really want to. Or that will show you what the difference between FW9 Axe-II and FW11 Ultra is just in the amp dynamics. Everything else is just EQ. So sure you can make the Ultra sound good but it requires some tweaking. In my case, I just used the right IRs when I was using the Ultra and Axe-II users were asking me for patches so I think everyone needs to look in the mirror if they can't make their Ultra sound good. :)

Tip: OwnHammer Mesa IRs

You cannot get the feeling of Gen2 (with FW10.x) on the Gen1. I just fired up the other day my Gen1 next to Gen2, they feel and sound different (not EQ wise). I might admit the audience won't hear the difference, but hey, they audience will notice how much you enjoy your playing. Anyway, it turns to a discussion like AxeEdit vs FrontPanel. Some cowboys just cannot hold back, they see complains everywhere, they feel the urge to defend whatever they think is "attacked" by so called "complains". Lower your defending weapons dudes! No one is complaining here!

I don't actually know which way around it is. I think you're right because I played the Ultra bits and it sounds like my groove on the first part. :D FW was 9 something....

Anyways... It's not 100% but it can be close enough for most people. Or... if not then just buy the II it's that simple.

haha ok. You want the upgrade so you can sell your G1 at a better price.
Could well be.

Okay so which of these two is GEN1 and GEN2? Any wild guesses? Cliff guessed wrong.

Like I said... you CAN match them but only 10 slots and that's not enough for me so I went GEN2.

My advice is to stop complaining but instead saving up.

You’ve got a point. But on less gainy tone, I thing there is quite a bit of difference. And it seems the global behavior of the AMPs (clean or crunch) is much closer to the real AMPs.

What's wrong with dreaming about Gen1 sounding as the Gen2???

That's it, what's wrong with dreaming !!!

Anyway the thought occurred to me because of the fact that the AMPs are now so well modeled in the AXE II that it would be cool to have it in the ULTRA (And some people can't, for now, afford the AXE II )

It would be nice if there was an update 11.01 to just increase the IR slots from 10 to 50. Probably won't happen though...

Back
Top Bottom