The thrill has gone

Tubiflex

Inspired
I mean in the forum - after they made the new design , and again deletet a lot of the old threads.

I think the focus has gone too far from the ultra which im not halfway into after 1½ year - been playing around with some wild exp pedal attachments this night

I still think this is an ultimate unit - its just up to you to find out all the possibilities

peace Torsten

of course the hype has switched. but the majority of users here only have an ultra and it might actually stay like that for quite a while

Plus the fact that there's several years of conversation about Gen I already on the board. Just because it doesn't show up when you click "What's New" on the forum doesn't mean it's not here. There's an insane amount of useful info about Gen I out there. It's just not the topic of the moment because there's a new sheriff in town. Whatever's recent gets the most attention.

Use the search function if you want to know something about the Ultra.

The thing i fisrt heard on recordings with the axe2 was the thight bottom, i play blues/rock/jazz and like the more loose low end - I love the w 11 and has no problem if there will be no more updatets
peace T

The most dedicated/enthusiastic/active/vocal users pretty much immediately jumped ship when the II was released. They're more "into" FAS/AxeFx from an advocacy/lifestyle/substitute religion standpoint and generated LOTS of the traffic here. Almost every multi-hundred+ post member I can name who was active on the Ultra/Standard boards was an early adopter or is on the waiting list.

Plus, newer == more to talk about and newer == more interesting wrt technology. As someone else noted, several years worth of discussion has taken place on the Gen 1s and the firmware and features are likely to be stable indefinitely, if not eternally.

If you want to increase forum traffic, the post button is in the upper left.

If you want to increase forum traffic, the post button is in the upper left.

Yup. If you post it, they will come.

Start a new discussion. Ask a question. Post some clips. Remember, if you complain 'nobody talks about it anymore' and then don't talk about it, you become a member of 'nobody'.

Don't forget the old school forum:
Axe-FX :: Index

Those were the good old days. The user base was more experienced with guitar gear so there was more focus on dialing in patches and getting accurate amplified sounds. Also, the Axe-father had more bandwidth and was less stressed, so he frequently participated in the forums. Firmware updates were frequent and brought dramatic improvements. It seemed like Christmas about once a month.

Things ARE different now. There are increasing numbers of newcomers are not only new to the digital modeling world, but also seem to be new to guitar amps, effects, audio, and technology in general. If people don't know how amps behave, how to connect and tweak real world gear, the Axe-FX will seem daunting. A number of users want instant gratification - "tell me now to create this tone", "I just got the Axe-lFX and it isn't making any sounds", "I can't make it sound good"... If a user hasn't done his homework or taken the time to explain what has been tried, then frankly a lof us experience folks may not take the time to help. RTFM first. Then Google for information on guitar effects chains, the equipment and rigs your guitar heros used on a song, how to dial in real amps, etc. As Torsten said, its up to you to learn the possibilities. You can't learn guitar by reading on a forum. The same goes for dialing in sounds. Dig in, listen, and learn.

Now, how do I turn on my Axe-FX?

With the change in the forum, there will be an adjustment while we try to get older threads where they belong. There's only a few of us, and we're working it, but it will take time (those pesky bills keep me on that 'other' job that gives me money for such things...)

And it seems we have a huge influx of new users. This is all goodness, but the dynamic has changed slightly. The 'community' is coming back from the new release furor, and we will be back to the sense of camaraderie that we had before.

I like to look at this in this way: Less serial posters which means more people are PLAYING rather than reading. Again: GOODNESS!

Ron

Back
Top Bottom