The Tell-Tale Tap Tempo

Adinfinitum

Experienced
My FM9 has the Tap Tempo noise coming LOUD and CLEAR through my monitors. Even with a Hum Eliminator and a Big Shot with an Iso transformer I can still hear the beating, pounding, clicking TELL TALE TAP TEMPO. Please make it stop!. And ignore the dead body under my floorboard.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I did unhook the USB and midi mouse and the noise was still there. I might diwngrade to the last 2.x because this noise is new.

Like unix-guy said, check your cable routing. Make sure you don't have any MIDI cables running along side audio cables.

My FM9 has the Tap Tempo noise coming LOUD and CLEAR through my monitors. Even with a Hum Eliminator and a Big Shot with an Iso transformer I can still hear the beating, pounding, clicking TELL TALE TAP TEMPO. Please make it stop!. And ignore the dead body under my floorboard.
Does the sound match the flashing of the tempo LED? When you turn up the metronome, does the sound you're hearing match the timbre and tempo of the metronome?

It's hard to believe this would have anything to do with cable interference. Nothing in any cables would be occurring at the rate of the tempo.

Last edited:
Hey Matt! I'll give that a shot tonight.

To answer the above questions, when I unplug my guitar, the noise is still the same. The metronome volume on all three outputs is at 0. If I raise the metronome volume I hear the metronome on top of the noise.

I just changed the AC cable to one that has a lump in the line noise reducer (I assume it is a pair of magnets). That helped a little.

Thanks all for the help.

Back
Top Bottom