The "ML Secret" finally revealed

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
So I've been quite secretive about what I'm working on for obvious reasons. Today the secret is out.

The next Cab Packs that are coming out are:

1) ML Class-A which are hands down some of the most authentic Class-A IRs. Being a huge Incubus fan motivated me go a bit crazy with this amp but that's only a good thing I suppose. :) I actually ended up experimenting a lot with the capture method as I quickly noticed it was essential that the speakers were driven with the particular 1964 Class-A amp I was using. I did A/B testing with the real amp vs Axe-Fx with these IRs and the sound IS THERE! The pack will come with my Class-A Preset-Cab bundles that recreate the real 1964 Class-A sound that I got with the real amp. Take a listen to this clip going through the presets. Lush, glassy, rich, sparkly, djangly, not djenty, pristine.. and most imporantly as authentic as it can possibly be.

2) ML Bulb Angle Citrus. (based on an ENGL 4x12 Pro and Orange PPC412) That's right! D-d-d-d-djent! (the D is silent) But just to be clear my original plan was to release an Angle pack and Citrus pack separately just like I've done before with Cab Packs 7, 8, 9, 12 etc. but Misha contacted me that he wants to create another pack with me. My answer to that was something like: "Hells yesses!". :lol Also we realized that most of you guys will be interested in both of these packs so rather than having them as separate Cab Packs it would be better for everyone if we combine them to one amazing Cab Pack and this way we can lower the price so it's more cost effective. This way everybody wins! :)

We quickly realized that the first Periphery album used the Metal 4x12 IR from the GEN1 days which is an "Angle" 4x12 IR. This actual cab sounds a bit similar to Cab Pack 7 but even angrier and less phasy. A really mean sounding cab for sure! All you djent fans probably know that Misha was using a "Citrus" 4x12 right before starting to use Axe-Fx for all his live duties. It was a no brainer choice. We wanted to up the ante after Cab Pack 13. It needed to be bigger and better. And Cab Pack 13 seems to be one of the best Cab Packs out there so that's quite a huge task. In the end we both knew that we succeeded since Misha told me he felt like he wanted to reamp the new Haunted Shores EP with this new Cab Pack but I guess the EP was in mastering at that point... luckily it was using Cab Pack 13 for the most part so I'm equally happy. ;)

Here's a quick clip I put together using the "Citrus" first and "Angle" second. It was so effortless to get a massive tone it's insane. This is literally the HBE amp sim with everything on noon and no post processing:

One thing me and Misha wanted to get across is that even though Misha is automatically connected to djent there is no such thing as "a djent IR". There are good and bad IRs. These IRs are not genre specific. Just like everyone who got Cab Pack 13 can now verify that it's definitely not a one trick pony. It's one of the best Cab Packs regardless of the genre. I shot a video to demonstrate this with Cab Pack 13:

3) This is the biggest secret I've been keeping. This is the biggest Cab Pack I've ever made and I've been working on this since February and it's finally coming together. There was some hype in here about that "The Tone" clip that I posted at one point. It's this pack I was talking about. I'm going let you guys speculate a bit what it's all about before revealing the "ML Secret". :D

Take a listen to these Preset-Cab Bundles that are a part of the pack:

Last edited:
Is #3 the one from late August where you said it was the most expensive cab you've ever worked with? I remember being really pumped when I heard that one, and the clips at 1:33, 2:14, and 2:45 reminds me of "that sound." Regardless, it sounds like a pretty versatile cab pack and I'll probably get that and the Engl one. Keep up the good work, man!!!

Last edited:
Is #3 the one from late August where you said it was the most expensive cab you've ever worked with? I remember being really pumped when I heard that one, and the clips at 1:33, 2:14, and 2:45 reminds me of "that sound." Regardless, it sounds like a pretty versatile cab pack and I'll probably get that and the Engl one. Keep up the good work, man!!!

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about! Here's the clip for those who don't know what we're talking about:

Awesome to hear that you're excited about these Cab Packs! :)

I've used an Ownhammer Engl IR for about a year to get some P1 mojo when wanted. It was definitely obvious to me as well and no surprise about it most likely being the cab for the "Metal 4x12" impulse. Very aggressive beast, and very easy to get some early days Periphery and beyond tones with it. It also pairs well with a Cameron if I remember rightly.

I've used an Ownhammer Engl IR for about a year to get some P1 mojo when wanted. It was definitely obvious to me as well and no surprise about it most likely being the cab for the "Metal 4x12" impulse. Very aggressive beast, and very easy to get some early days Periphery and beyond tones with it. It also pairs well with a Cameron if I remember rightly.

Most definitely. I'll have to try it with the Cameron myself. :) When I was choosing the Alloy Aces IRs for that "Angle" cab the final round was decided based on which IRs sounded the meanest when palm muting. :D It's definitely the best cab for those agressive brootz riffs. The "Citrus" is extremely mid frequency based. Pair it up with a really agressive scooped amp and you'll end up with one of the most awesome sounds.

AC30TB probably. Yes, it's that good, particularly with the right IR. This pack sounds very promising (understatement).

Yeah most likely. That is my favorite Class-A amp sim. And like you said, with the right IR there isn't much you need to do with the amp settings. :) Something that's always a bit hard to describe in a clip is the feel. Those IRs feel awesome. The low end on a real 60s "Class-A" amp is just surreal. It's an extremely loud amp and the low end reacts completely differently to anything else out there. It's always full yet gives a lot of space for bass.

Haha... that reminds me of the joke I did. Those Class-A IRs are so awesome that they even do metal:

Obviously they're not meant for that but it's a really good showcase that there's no weirdness anywhere in the IRs and that they're smooth and versatile for all use cases.

Here's a more Class-A type song using these IRs:

Also here's another clip with just guitar:

I just added a quite brutal clip of the new ML Bulb cabs. That's "Citrus" first and "Angle" second.

Very effortless to get this type of a sound. That's the Friedman HBE with everything on noon and no post processing. :D

Back
Top Bottom