IRs The John Petrucci IR Collection: Vol. 1

Third-party impulse response pack
If you want to hear all these IRs :

The video is more about comparing Dyna-Cabs to Helix and Quad Cortex cabs ; the Petrucci IRs part is here as a bonus

They sound great!

I have a favorite: "zBonus-blend mesa 1x12" from the Bonus folder. Yes, a 1x12 😃 It cuts though the mix like a knife without the need to increase the volume, the highs are very well balanced, and I find that it doesn't need any lo-cut when switching to the neck pickup.

I have created a preset with 5 Mesas and 5 Marshals. I am personally preferring the Marshalls. They are less "tight". I will now create another preset with all Marshalls.

Preset attached. Load "zBonus-blend mesa 1x12" on User 1 #613

On Channel B of the CAB I have created a Dyna-Cab with the 1x12 G12T-100 that sound quite similar to that Mesa, with the advantage that you can tweak it to your taste.

Those who do not have this pack can change the CAB block to Channel B on all the scenes

Variations of the preset are very welcome
I wish I had seen this a while back. The 112 is perfect when you crank up your FRFR system. At low volumes, it sounds like it has too much midrange and isn’t bright enough. But when you turn the speakers up loud, it sounds great. I really like that there are no harsh highs when I’m playing loudly.

Back
Top Bottom