That embarrassing and awkward moment when.....

Laskyman

Inspired
You discover that your updating of V10 presets didn't actually "take" during your first attempt, and you realize it a week and one half later...

Now I *really* can tell you with authority that V10 is really, really good...

how did you know it didnt take?, i dont like most of the factory presets now, but when i make own patches it sounds good

I never scrutinized the new presets after loading the banks. When 10 was installed, several stock presets were clipping Hard in out 1, but my presets sounded good (I should have know it didn't take when my presets were not over written :/ ), so I didn't look in any deeper....re installed everything last night- now she's up to date....

Yes, I loaded 10 correctly, just not the V10 presets- so several presets sounded really bad, but the new improved amps (mark, green, yellow, etc) that were loaded in my self-made presets sounded great....I just sort got lost playing my own presets- then I realized I left out a big "FW update" step- the new banks....all of a sudden the clipping is gone!!!

I'm no expert on AxeEdit, by any means. But one thing I usually do is slightly rename a preset in the AxeFx– such as by sticking a "9" at the end of the name– prior to attempting the exchange. Then, if the "9" is gone, it worked. If the "9" is still there, it didn't.

Before installing new banks, I always overwrite and leave blank one of the factory presets from each of the old banks still on the Axe-Fx. I then load the new banks, then check those preset locations to see if they are still blank, or if there is a new preset there. If they are no longer blank, I know the new banks installed correctly.

What's really embarrassing is sometimes when I'm tweaking amp tones, before I start I'll copy the un-tweaked settings of the amp to "Y", then work on the "X" amp's settings. I set up the patch so I can step on a button on my MIDI controller and toggle between two Scenes, one with the tweaked "X" amp, the other with the unaltered "Y" amp, so I can compare them and hear if I like the changes I have made. More than a couple of times, after I have compared them and made my mind up that I definitely like the settings in one of the Scenes much better than the other, I have looked up to see that I had set the patch up wrong and that the amp was set to "X" in both Scenes and nothing was changing when I toggled between the two. :eek:ops

Placebo at its finest.

What's really embarrassing is sometimes when I'm tweaking amp tones,...after I have compared them and made my mind up that I definitely like the settings in one of the Scenes much better than the other, I have looked up to see that I had set the patch up wrong and that the amp was set to "X" in both Scenes and nothing was changing when I toggled between the two. :eek:ops

Placebo at its finest.
Everyone has done something like that, whether they admit it or not. For example, more than once, I've dialed in a vocalist's EQ to get it just where I want it, then realized I'd been tweaking the wrong channel strip. Ouch! :)

Back
Top Bottom