Texas blues a la SRV / Duarte (live video)

More than anyone else here, you make me want to quit. :(

Seriously though, amazing!

Which IR are you using?

More than anyone else here, you make me want to quit. :(

Seriously though, amazing!

Which IR are you using?
ha - don't do that!

I'm using a stereo combination of Tyler Grund's e130 IR (Jensen I believe), and a 4x12 from ML Sound Lab I picked up a while back. I like the mix of the fender-y sounding 4x10 IR with the 'thunk' of a 4x12. I'm running the AX8, so I have both in the cab block as stereo. I also really like the 3x10 IR that comes stock in the Axe, Vibro King I think it is? I use that occasionally, especially with the VibroVerb amp model.

ha - don't do that!

I'm using a stereo combination of Tyler Grund's e130 IR (Jensen I believe), and a 4x12 from ML Sound Lab I picked up a while back. I like the mix of the fender-y sounding 4x10 IR with the 'thunk' of a 4x12. I'm running the AX8, so I have both in the cab block as stereo. I also really like the 3x10 IR that comes stock in the Axe, Vibro King I think it is? I use that occasionally, especially with the VibroVerb amp model.

Okay thanks. I'm kind of the same way. Sometimes the Jensen loaded IR's sound a little harsh to my ears so I tend to gravitate toward the Greenback-loaded IR's. But I haven't tried mixing them...yet!

Okay thanks. I'm kind of the same way. Sometimes the Jensen loaded IR's sound a little harsh to my ears so I tend to gravitate toward the Greenback-loaded IR's. But I haven't tried mixing them...yet!
Try working with the high cut IR block too - I found dialing in helped It's a fine line between having that searing edge and being an icepick to the eardrum.

F***ing Cainer
dude.gif

Badass as always, Gary. Love your feel on bluesy music, your tone is spot on. You and Tyler kill this stuff!

Sounds killer as usual! Can you please post a preset? And which IR are you using for the 4x12? Thanks!
Thanks man - yeah for sure I can post the preset - my USB cable has stopped working, but as son as I get a working one I'll post it. I think this is like cable #3 that has stopped transferring data to the AX8. I don't know what the deal is. I think the 4x12 cab is one of the ML Sound Marshalls.

Hey man - any luck with your cable? I'd love to get some insight into how you are pulling off those sick tones live and direct. Cheers. Steve

Back
Top Bottom