TC Helicon acoustic with AX8 anyone using ?

lukather

Inspired
wondering if anyone is using this vocal acoustic box with ax8, want to run in effects loop can I run a a direct line through Ax8 into the internal mixer out to a pa ?

Any problems with this anyone ? Suggestions on how to run as guitar needs to go into this direct to run harmonies ?

Thanks

I run my guitar cable straight in and out (as tc designed) using the "THRU" output jack to the AX8....simple as that-when using the thru output there are no effects added to the guitar signal and I haven't noticed any issues after I got to know the unit better. There are also two XLR outputs you can use out to the mixer with the left mono being a wet signal (you can also choose to turn the effects on or off) and right dry where you would route your vocal to your mixer-you can also use the on board mix knob at that point to blend effects if any or run a dry signal to the board and have your sound man add effects there.

The unit has to see a fairly clean guitar signal to be able to provide correct vocal harmonies which are in tune with what you are playing but I'm sure you could run a signal to the unit post AX8 via an effects loop-I haven't had to attempt this because running the "THRU" output to the AX8 for me has worked just fine. The harmonies are very natural sounding when using the right preset.

I have only had my Helicon a few weeks and am still experimenting but really like the vocal doubling / vocal effects and the different harmony presets you can program and punch in wherever you want them in the song's verse or chorus...everyone seems to like them and the unit sits on the floor right next to the AX8. One of the major on-line music retailers had the harmony-G XT on sale for close to half of what they originally sold for and I would purchase again...I am a hack singer and need all the help I can get.

Many thanks really useful which unit do you have ? So you run into helicon then into main input on ax8?

Ta

I use the Voicelive 2 and the AX8. I just run into the AX8 normally and use its effect send to create the Harmony info. I used the Voicelive 2 once with my acoustic guitar and it sounded awful. The newer TC units may have better specs than mine though.

As I mentioned in the reply I have the TC-Helicon, harmony-G XT. Yes the unit has an Instrument (in/thru) which does not affect the straight signal coming from my guitar and into the AX8 at all that I can hear which is the way it is designed to work so that the tc unit is able to track and harmonies based on what chords you are playing...as "bondsong" mentioned in his reply, I'm sure you can also use the AX8 effects loop to the tc unit as well.

Back
Top Bottom