Tap Tempo, Tuner & Reveal Switches no longer work.

Mervster

Hi Guys and Gals,
Can any of you please throw any light on the following problem?
While at rehearsal last night I noticed that I was no longer able to change scenes (configured on Switches 1-5) I then noticed that the reveal Led was on (green) but i could no longer press the switch to change it's state. Powering on and off of the Axe-FXII made no difference. Now to today when I connect it up the MFC-101 goes through it's boot up and cycles through the Leds but does not get as far as Switches 15, 16 & 17. The Switches appear to do nothing and the Leds do not light. I have changed the Cat5 cable and factory reset the MFC-101 (which appeared to leave it in it's current configuration).

Any ideas would be much appreciated, as I have a gig on Friday and would like to know if it's a config issue or hardware?

Many thanks in advance.

If everything is working except for switches and LED's 15, 16 and 17 then it's likely the ribbon cable for that board popped loose.

You can unscrew the feet from the bottom and the two screws on the back. Then you will be able to remove the top. You will see the ribbon cable connecting the main board to the smaller boards. Make sure they are all secure and then put the top back on and put the feet and screws back in.

If everything is working except for switches and LED's 15, 16 and 17 then it's likely the ribbon cable for that board popped loose.

You can unscrew the feet from the bottom and the two screws on the back. Then you will be able to remove the top. You will see the ribbon cable connecting the main board to the smaller boards. Make sure they are all secure and then put the top back on and put the feet and screws back in.

Hi Adam, Many thanks for your quick response and you hit the nail right on the head with your diagnosis. A little bit more fiddly though as it was the cable on the switch pcb itself which had become lose.

Also thanks to MrGuitarAbuse for your suggestion.

Great service, from a very helpful forum.

Cheers

Merster

Back
Top Bottom