Tap tempo IA switch problem...

RichardC

Inspired
Hi All.

Been searching for this here and on the wiki, but haven't found anything pertinent.

I've got my MFC working great (latest MFC firmware, 11b on AxeFX), but for the life of me I can't figure out why my MFC 'tap tempo' switch doesn't adjust the delay time on the delay block. I've checked 3 times that the IA switch (#10 in my case) is set to 'Tempo'. Not using the option to combo the tuner & tap (turned off in MFC). All other IA switches work as they should. Even tapping the 'tempo witch on the front of the Axe doesn't change the delay time.

I'm sure this is staring me in the face but I can't see it. Help please?

Thanks!

I don't remember exactly, I think it is due to the delay block that might set to a fixed tempo.
In the delay block there's a parameter named "TEMPO" , if it's value is "NONE" then it's a fixed tempo delay block.
Change the value to something else and check.
Further, I'm not sure here either but I think there is another thing related but unfortunately I don’t remember.
Try the delay TEMPO first.

Even if tempo were fixed (let's say 650ms), I would think that submitting a new TAP TEMPO should adjust the interval, right? This is how other pieces work that I have here. You should be able to use TAP to adjust things regardless, especially - well, we know it never happens - if let's say the drummer speeds up :D

Old drummer joke:

Q: How do you know if there's a drummer at your door?
A: The knock speeds up!

/rimshot

Even if tempo were fixed (let's say 650ms), I would think that submitting a new TAP TEMPO should adjust the interval, right? This is how other pieces work that I have here. You should be able to use TAP to adjust things regardless, especially - well, we know it never happens - if let's say the drummer speeds up :D

Old drummer joke:

Q: How do you know if there's a drummer at your door?
A: The knock speeds up!

/rimshot
You need to set the tempo parameter to a subdivision like 1/4, . 8th, 8th, 1/4 trip etc. so it knows how to calculate the delay time from the taps.

fixed means fixed.

Back
Top Bottom