Synth Block Fart

MKeditor

Experienced
I really value having a violin preset. It is a great asset for me in my cover band on a few songs. The synth block is monophonic. I have to play very precious to avoid hitting more than one note. The problem is that when I do accidentally bump a string the synth block farts five times louder than the notes. I get that it's going to fart but is there a way for it not to be louder?

It could be another block is reacting to the fart and amplifying it. I use the synth block occasionally but when I double string, it is about the same volume. Try putting the synth block by itself on a parallel channel to see if that helps. Also post a screen shot of your preset so that the wizards on this forum can do their magic.

I tweaked my patch a little with a Comp and EQ
Seems a little less gassy. IR included.

2 virtual Beer for anyone that covers Losing It by Rush with it !!!

Attachments

• FIDDLE.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 9
  • c000377_gtrbody_ultrares.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I know what you mean. That violin patch that someone uploaded with the violin body IRs sounds so beautiful when played carefully but can also produce loud and unpleasant synth tones if you’re not. I’m not brave enough to use it live for that reason.

It's because the pitch detector is picking up on transients. You can have a fairly precise sound with the following:

-Use the neck pickup.
-Roll your guitar's tone all the way down.
-Use a volume block first in your chain, with envelope modifier attached to it. Tweak the attack to hide the initial pick attack, then full volume afterwards, fastest release possible.

Doing so will let you ease up a little on having to use such a disciplined technique with the synth block.

Back
Top Bottom