Sync Timeout

jyflorida

Power User
Hi everyone,

I posted this in the MFC forum yesterday but haven't heard anything so I thought I'd try my luck here.....

Anyone ever get this error? Got a gig tomorrow and I'm going to have to just go with a backup amp! Unable to switch patches with the MFC! Tried a different RJ45, power cycling, etc., same problem. Using the latest firmware on the Axe, next-most-recent on the MFC. Didn't update the MFC since I don't use scenes & after this error, I'm not really wanting to update it. The strange thing is that everything has worked flawlessly up until yesterday and I haven't made any changes to the Axe or MFC.

Sorry if I seem a bit miffed but I've only had this thing a few months and I'm starting to get flashbacks of Line 6 unreliability.

Update since this error: it did manage to change patches but it took 13 seconds to switch between them.

Hi everyone,

I posted this in the MFC forum yesterday but haven't heard anything so I thought I'd try my luck here.....

Anyone ever get this error? Got a gig tomorrow and I'm going to have to just go with a backup amp! Unable to switch patches with the MFC! Tried a different RJ45, power cycling, etc., same problem. Using the latest firmware on the Axe, next-most-recent on the MFC. Didn't update the MFC since I don't use scenes & after this error, I'm not really wanting to update it. The strange thing is that everything has worked flawlessly up until yesterday and I haven't made any changes to the Axe or MFC.

Sorry if I seem a bit miffed but I've only had this thing a few months and I'm starting to get flashbacks of Line 6 unreliability.

Update since this error: it did manage to change patches but it took 13 seconds to switch between them.

If you are on the latest Axe-fx II firmware you should update the MFC-101 2.15, if that doesn't correct things, you should put in a support ticket. You could also try doing a factory reset (this will wipe all your settings to factory) by holding the #11 footswitch while powering on.

Last edited:
If you are on the latest Axe-fx II firmware you should update the MFC-101 2.15, if that doesn't correct things, you should put in a support ticket. You could also try doing a factory reset (this will wipe all your settings to factory) by holding the #11 footswitch while powering on.

+1 on what Sean says. Try the straight firmware upgrade first without the reset if you have done any kind of programming to your set lists for example. It worked for me and I had the same exact problem but discovered it during a gig so 10 seconds between patches was murder.

You will have to reassign IA's from how they were before as they no longer default to the same spots since scenes have well, come on the scene.

That fixed the problem. *Breathing huge sigh of relief*
I'll get around to reassigning the buttons later today but for now the switching (song mode) is back to it's instant self. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom