Swith Stereo to Mono

iNX

Inspired
Hello,

I wish to know what is the best way to swith on a rig to stereo to mono with same the same patches.
for some configuration I've to play on one amp so in mono.
But I've got some effect that use stereo like a sound on right wich swipe to left.
If I select merge L/R output it will solve this. But if I use a stereo delay with a small delay on left output, this solution will sound dirty.
And if I select only L output, I will miss some sound.

How do you dial with this?

I have complete sets of Banks for Mono and Stereo.

1-99 are all mono and 100-199 are identical except they're in stereo.

So do you use mono delay, mono chorus etc for 1-99 and stereo delay, stereo chorus for 100-199 (with the same settings etc)?

I use stereo stuff, but plug in only output L if i use one speaker. The only thing that doesn't work perfectly this way is a pan, if you have amps panned hard L/R, or a wild oscillating auto pan effect which becomes a tremolo effect instead. Other than that, no problem. Losing the mini delay on other channel would be smaller problem than the comb filtering you get if you sum it to mono, imo.

Depending on how many patches you have there are plenty of preset slots to use. Make a stereo bank and then copy to a new bank and make it mono. Go through and listen to each patch in mono and adjust anything that needs to be adjusted, delays, chorus, panning etc. :0)

I use the same presets for both purposes, where Cab-X is mono, and Cab-Y is stereo.
I've made sure that the presets do not have phase cancellation issues when running mono.

I just make sure that I have no reverse phase on one side or use an enhancer. So my delay, reverb and rotary all sum l+r just fine

Back
Top Bottom