Switch 1/2 (none Axe related) Question

guitarded

Experienced
this has possibly been covered before... if so please forgive and point me the right direction...
This is what I am trying to do...
I Have the FCB w/Uno
I also have an old Lake Butler MFC-10(? I think ?)
I want to use the lake butler unit to control the FCBs latching footswitches to change channels on my preamp... and per the manual I indend to use only one of the switches with a TRS/TRS cable to my preamp
does any know if the switches on the FCB can be controlled via a CC from and external source?
How do I set it up if it can?... assigning a CC#(2 for open/closed state) and a Midi Ch...
And the big question... can the state of the switches be ignored when using the FCB to change programs on my FX unit...

My set up...
I use the FCB to control a G-Major fx unit which does channel switching also... the problem is... the G-Major MUST load a state (channel) for the switches on program change... meaning I could not ignore the state and leave the pre amp on whatever channel it was currently on... it always switched to whatever the programmed state was... and that was not always the channel (on my preamp) I was currently on...
So I have scrapped the G-Majors switching abilities...

I am wondering if the FCB would work much the same way in that It HAS to load a pre programmed state for the switches on program change...
I don't see in the manual that it can be ignored... in fact the manual don't give much detail at all.

If anyone has any wisdom to share on this I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Back
Top Bottom