Sweet Leslie Rotary Love

I am having a hard time getting a good warm authentic Rotary Sound out of my ultra. I use this effect alot.

Anybody got one to share?

Thanks in advance

have you tried running it in parallel? I think I did that when I had an ultra and i seemed to remember it helping...

^ Not saying that you CAN'T do that but... it's not a cab impulse. Do you mean you have a rotary effect in parallel with a cab? I could see that working.

If it's a clean sound, the Rotary works nice as a cab.
I'm less fond of that method with overdrive tones.
But maybe (likely) Don knows something we don't ... ;)

Don't think that the Rotary block was meant to act as a cab (in reality it did) in the Axe-Fx, looking at the factory presets with one.
It's often at 50% mix, or in parallel. Personally I like it a bit wetter (no pun intended), at 70% (in series).

Rate tied to pedal: 13% - 45% - 72%.
Low depth 16, Hi depth 15.7, Hi Level 0.90, Length 100.

Sounds best IMHO with a bit of drive before it, or before a crunchy amp.

I use it mostly in front of a clean amp/cab and after an overdrive, sounds more natural to me. Maybe because I am used to a H&K Rotosphere. I can put a patch up if you like.

Jens

do you still have it?

I have it yes. I tried to make an A/B test when I made the LXP-1 reverb, but at the time I did not really think it sounded very different from the rotary in the Axe.
I had it tied to an expression pedal so that I could fade between them. I forget which was which several times....
Might give it a go again some time. I was by the way making the A/B as an effect in front of an amp since that is how I use the rotosphere.

Jens

Here it is. This actually not trying to clone the H&K, it is a bit older.
When I tried to compare the two I found them so similar already that I did not try to make an exact copy. But I hope I'll have time to one of these days, it might be fun to do.

The recording is not with the guitar that I made the patch for, that one is beeing repaired. I recorded it with my old Gibson 175 which is quite a lot darker than the Epiphone, so if you try the patch it might not sound as dark as the recording.

Jens

Attachments

• Twin Leslie 22-05-11.syx
    2 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom