Suhr V70 pickups

toneseeker911

Experienced
Wondering if anyone has some experience with these pickups ? I have a Suhr strat with these V70 pickups and have been struggling for months to get the right slightly overdriven gooey sound. It always sounds too stringy (too much string separation) on position 2,3,4 and too thin on 1. Only position 5 is usable but somehow missing that tubey feel and sound I hear with strats into fender amps. Everything is just too clear and hifi sounding and missing some mojo.

Any tips or replacement pickups you’d recommend ?

I haven't tried the V70 pickups, but I really like the V60LP pickups. I'd suggest getting a tone knob wired to the bridge pickup if you don't have one already.

For a short time I had a strat style guitar with V70 in the neck and middel (HSS style), they sounded good, but I clearly prefer the Suhr V60LP's and ML's over the V70, they are fuller, richer, more "organic" and gooey IMO.

Thanks for the suggestions! I do have a tone knob wired to the bridge that is usually set at 5-6. I think I am just not bonding with these pickups.

Was looking at some fender cs pickups. Need to check the v60lp and ml standard ones out.

Back
Top Bottom