Suhr SSCII - after-purchase installation in a new Suhr with SSS

secondwindow

Power User
I just bought a new Suhr Classic S Custom with SSS. I'm really liking it, but just realized it didn't come with the SSCII from the factory.

I've sent a message to Suhr support to ask if they'll even do this kind of work - install the SSCII. In addition to the SSCII, the middle pickup would have to be swapped with a neck pickup (non RWRP). I'm awaiting their reply.

In the meantime ...

Do any of you have experience with Suhr installing the SSCII in a Suhr guitar?

I just bought a new Suhr Classic S Custom with SSS. I'm really liking it, but just realized it didn't come with the SSCII from the factory.

I've sent a message to Suhr support to ask if they'll even do this kind of work - install the SSCII. In addition to the SSCII, the middle pickup would have to be swapped with a neck pickup (non RWRP). I'm awaiting their reply.

In the meantime ...

Do any of you have experience with Suhr installing the SSCII in a Suhr guitar?
No experience of after purchase installation (since I bought all my Suhrs with it installed), but I know they will do it. You'll have to ship it back to them and they'll do the routing, installation, wiring, middle pup swap etc.

No experience of after purchase installation (since I bought all my Suhrs with it installed), but I know they will do it. You'll have to ship it back to them and they'll do the routing, installation, wiring, middle pup swap etc.
Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure Suhr will do the SSCII install, just waiting to hear back from them. I've sent guitars to them for repair and modifications. When there was a charge, it was always reasonable

I haven't lifted the pickguard to check, but I'm pretty sure there's no SSCII. It's not listed on the order sheet and the guitar has the usual single-coil noise.

Here's a pic of the guitar.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
I heard back from Suhr about SSCII instalation.

"... SSCII installation, on guitars with pickguard mounted electronics, is priced at $400.00 + shipping. For guitars with body mounted electronics the cost of SSCII installation is $425.00 + shipping. Both prices include any necessary body rout(s) and SSCII compatible pickup(s). ..."

That last part about "SSCII compatible pickups" refers, in my case with SSS, to swapping the middle pickup for one that isn't RWRP.

Suhr also said their shop's very busy right now and they're asking customers needing non-warranty work to check back later in the year after they're caught up.

Back
Top Bottom