Wish Suhr Reactive Load IR Impedance Curve

DanielePanza

Inspired
Any plans of adding the impedance curve for the Suhr Reactive Load? I believe a large number of us on this forum are using that, as opposed to the OX and TwoNotes ones, which are pretty horrendous :sweatsmile:.
If not, has anyone figured out how to tweak the LB-2 UK curve to match the RL? They're meant to be relatively similar curves.

John Suhr has said they modeled the RL after a Greenback 4x12 cab. Maybe start there?

The Fractal LB-2 UK curve is also based on a Greenback 4x12 cab, but it sounds slightly different from the Suhr. Different Greenbacks/cabs are going to have different curves. If you see the list of curves available right now, there are multiple 4x12s with V30s, all quite different.

I personally think there is a very very subtle difference between the Suhr & Fractal load box.....but if that is important, lets have it then ;)
Here is a little video I did with both load boxes....and I still have the Suhr :)

Dumb question maybe but what would be the point of this impedance curve ?

I actually own the Suhr RL and it’s a great load box, which I then use with the Axe for IR, reverb etc, when I use a real amp.

The curves are just used to better model the amp with a given cab, but if there are already 4x12 GB curves, what would be the point in having the Suhr one, especially since it’s already just designed to emulate a 4x12 GB loaded cab?

Again, sorry if it’s a dumb question but I just don’t understand where it would be useful to have a curve that mimics a hardware load box which in itself is just designed to mimic a real cab

I actually own the Suhr RL and it’s a great load box, which I then use with the Axe for IR, reverb etc, when I use a real amp.

The curves are just used to better model the amp with a given cab, but if there are already 4x12 GB curves, what would be the point in having the Suhr one, especially since it’s already just designed to emulate a 4x12 GB loaded cab?

Again, sorry if it’s a dumb question but I just don’t understand where it would be useful to have a curve that mimics a hardware load box which in itself is just designed to mimic a real cab

We already have 4 Load Box impedance curves (2xFractal, TwoNotes, UA). I think the point of having them is to be able to more precisely tone match your amps to the Fractal models. I personally use the Suhr RL, and I've been using the Fractal LB2 UK curve, which is in the same ballpark. Seeing that the UA and TwoNotes curves were just added, I was hoping we could also get the Suhr one :)

If they have the rest certainly makes sense to add what is admittedly the “best” lol.

I guess I can see someone running a real amp with load box as their main tone and then live or what not use a FAS model of that same amp with the same curve as using the Suhr, if you really want do go that route, but I’d still imagine if the Suhr is halfway decent at doing a GB curve just using the existing one should be essentially the same thing

I thought actually it's the Fractal's LB on the unit it self what you were referring to, but still i will ask you & hope you can help me know, what kind of situations or when the Fractal's LBox impedance Curve or the other's in the unit should or better be used?
Excuse my question if it was or seem a dumb question to ask lol
I understand that it s confusing.....your question was just answered in the next post below ours, so no need for me to explain that more...

I personally don't see any use of having them as Fractal already supplied us with many great 'curves'...each fitting to the right brand of Amp model......actually Suhr should be the one providing us with more speaker impedance curves to match to the IR used...:)
Right now it does not matter which IR I use in the Suhr IR...it always uses the same GREAT Greenback curve....I am sure that the Greenback speaker impedance curve we have from Fractal is great too because that is the one I am using in my FM3 with OH greenbacks .....

Would be cool to have more options in the hardware load boxes, but I guess since it’s done with physical parts like resistors and such, cost would start to increase as more options are added.

I mainly use mine for a NVM plexi style amp so the geeenback curve is perfect as those two go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Could see some benefit in having other curves for different amps though

Would be cool to have more options in the hardware load boxes, but I guess since it’s done with physical parts like resistors and such, cost would start to increase as more options are added.

I mainly use mine for a NVM plexi style amp so the geeenback curve is perfect as those two go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Could see some benefit in having other curves for different amps though
Awesome man, I also will be running a NMV Plexi clone through it….. right now a 2 channel Amp called the Marvell which is als ways cranked / dimed and would like to have have only 1 channel and would like to go from a nice clean to overdriven rhythm with only my volume knob
on the guitar and then a pedal for the extra solo mids / gain….like a plexi '68 !

What amp are you using ?

Awesome man, I also will be running a NMV Plexi clone through it….. right now a 2 channel Amp called the Marvell which is als ways cranked / dimed and would like to have have only 1 channel and would like to go from a nice clean to overdriven rhythm with only my volume knob
on the guitar and then a pedal for the extra solo mids / gain….like a plexi '68 !

What amp are you using ?

Mostly a Marshall Sv20

Not a dumb question.

I n the '90s, I ran a preamp and a slaved small tube power amp into a reactive dummy load I made from speaker crossover parts, then through effects and out to a stereo power amp and speakers, to be able to get the "cranked" feel/sound at any volume.

The load you use on the slaved amp has its own characteristic sound that it imparts, that is a little different than an amp cranked into a cab.

Some folks like imitation crab meat, so now we have imitation imitation crab meat.... :D

Back
Top Bottom