Suggestion for next firmware- MIDI Setup

Rick

Axe-Master
I find that this is what I am doing anyway, so wondered if it would be a colossal effort to replicate as a selectable option in a firmware update.

I realize there are now more things to assign than the 0-127 options will cover. This is why there are no assignments. I just wanted to throw that out there so folks would know I do already know this.

Would it be possible/feasible to have an option to set all CCs up exactly like the Axe FX II (and pretty much everything before) and leave everything added blank? In this way, every "standard" setting we have used and are likely programming back into the III would be there already. Then we could unassign and reuse CCs from things we don't need to things we do, which would seem to take a lot less time to do and remember than what I find myself doing today. It would be killer to be able to print this list out from Axe Edit too!

Of course, make it a selectable option so that those who are already going wild with new assignments are unaffected.

If this has been suggested/discussed elsewhere, apologies. I did search and didn't find it.

UPDATE: Second question on available CC#s... I notice that my MMGT can select a higher range of CC#s. Of course, I have nothing that will respond to a number that high ( >127 )to test it on but it made me wonder if numbers higher than 127 can be enabled on the Axe FX III. Totally talking just to talk here, I don't know what's involved. Possible, though?

Last edited:
Ah man getting old sucks don’t it.
i’m Only 38 and falling apart, sounds like you guys already fell apart....

Wish you the best, @FractalAudio ! I had some work done on two vertebrae/discs back in 2013 (lower back, though), and it was life changing to get rid of that pain. I'll be praying the same happens for you!

Would it be possible/feasible to have an option to set all CCs up exactly like the Axe FX II (and pretty much everything before) and leave everything added blank? In this way, every "standard" setting we have used and are likely programming back into the III would be there already. Then we could unassign and reuse CCs from things we don't need to things we do. Of course, make it a selectable option so that those who are already going wild with new assignments are unaffected.

Good idea. The first thing I did when I got the Axe FXIII was to assign all the cc#'s exactly like they were in the Axe FXII, except for the x/y and effects that are no longer there in the Axe FXIII. Then I used some of those spare cc#'s for new effects that have been added, etc. So I am good, but it might benefit new people buying the Axe FXIII.

That sounds like a really good idea.
Thanks
Pauly

I find that this is what I am doing anyway, so wondered if it would be a colossal effort to replicate as a selectable option in a firmware update.

I realize there are now more things to assign than the 0-127 options will cover. This is why there are no assignments. I just wanted to throw that out there so folks would know I do already know this.

Would it be possible/feasible to have an option to set all CCs up exactly like the Axe FX II (and pretty much everything before) and leave everything added blank? In this way, every "standard" setting we have used and are likely programming back into the III would be there already. Then we could unassign and reuse CCs from things we don't need to things we do, which would seem to take a lot less time to do and remember than what I find myself doing today. It would be killer to be able to print this list out from Axe Edit too!

Of course, make it a selectable option so that those who are already going wild with new assignments are unaffected.

If this has been suggested/discussed elsewhere, apologies. I did search and didn't find it.

Back
Top Bottom