Stymon Timeline

timeline

How would you compare it to the II delay? Worth buying as a stand alone pedal even with the Ax?

I guess the answer is obvious as you already own one!! :)

i currrently have axeii and have had timeline. never could get similar results.
probably due to my shortcoming, but timeline is great, as is el capistain. hoped to
be able to get axeii to mimic several modes, but it looks like it will take several blocks and i
havent found the formula yet.

the delays sound phenomenal
Yes, the Strymon delays are phenomenal! In fact, it was the Strymon line of pedals that I owned (Timeline, el Capistan, blue Sky Reverberator, & Ola Chorus) that changed my mind about digital effects pedals and influenced my purchase of the Axe-fx. Not because of the AF II effects are as good as Strymon. They are not. But rather I think the AF II "nails" the Amps & Cabs. Now I'm hoping the focus of FAS will be to improve the effects within the AF II rather than adding any more Amps & Cabs.

That's gorgeous!

From their website. . .

"Utilizing a ridiculously powerful SHARC DSP, every drop of processing power is harnessed. Each algorithm is so detailed it requires the entire processor."

I don't imagine it's realistic for the AxeFX II to reach quite the same level of stereo delay sound.

Terry.

That's gorgeous!

From their website. . .

"Utilizing a ridiculously powerful SHARC DSP, every drop of processing power is harnessed. Each algorithm is so detailed it requires the entire processor."

I don't imagine it's realistic for the AxeFX II to reach quite the same level of stereo delay sound.

Terry.

Cliff could always add another TigerSHARC ;)

sounds more like a reverb to me...

high diffusion, some dirt, some modulation and of course a altered eq response should do it.
to me, the Axe's delay block and it's modular architecture still make it the most desirable echo box out there.

I don't see a reason why a sound like this couldn't be re-created on the Axe I or II.
someone with a Timeline willing to do some measurements? :)

set your fav tone on the Timeline, then set mix to 100% and repeats to '0'
feed this file through it Sine Sweep Noise.wav - 4shared.com - music and mp3 sharing - download
then turn down mod depth to '0' and repeat.

send the resulting files to
dmail.jpg

thanks!

Last edited:
Don, I would love to see if this can be done...i am going to be on the lookout for another timeline at a good deal. I bought a Korg DL8000r thinking it might be as cool, but it was not, the Timeline
really sounds great, but I agree with you that the axeii can for sure pull it off...it is just finding the path to the patch! I really want the axe to be my only thing, but the delays in the Timeline, the mod/delay
combo in the El Capistain and even the D-bucket effect in the brigadier all haunt my delay dreams!!!!

sounds more like a reverb to me...

high diffusion, some dirt, some modulation and of course a altered eq response should do it.
to me, the Axe's delay block and it's modular architecture still make it the most desirable echo box out there.

I don't see a reason why a sound like this couldn't be re-created on the Axe I or II.
someone with a Timeline willing to do some measurements? :)

I really want the axe to be my only thing

I know what you mean, but then again I enjoy getting new fuzz boxes. I don't really need them but it's nice to have some extra knobs to turn.

I might even get a Capistan, since it seems to be a fun pedal. :)

Yea that got me checking out a Taylor T5...

About £400 for the Strymon from the UK, maybe ordering tomorrow..

I think for me the appeal of this is the fact that many of the settings are already presets that you can tweak slightly, but the base tone is already dialed in.

Last edited:
Yep, this is one of those few pedals that tempts me to have a "regular" rig alongside my Axe. But I would never do this before getting a II.

I completely agree!

I remember a "discussion" on the forum a while back about paying for presets and the objections many had to the idea and the reasoning they used..which was fair enough for their conscience and reasoning.

But when i hear presets like these i know i will NEVER have the ability to create such presets, i do not have the time to invest in the learning as well all the other obligations i have in my life, it is just not feasible for me and i guess many other users.

So there is a conundrum, as great as the Ax is, i will not be able to get what i want out of it, so do i start buying other gear which i do not want to do, or is some effort made to build and even pay for presets that focus on presets like this..

Back
Top Bottom