Stripped Down Floor Based Axe-FX?

wideblueyonder

Hi
I've been hearing / seeing some posts regarding a stripped down Axe-Fx floor type based unit which may be appearing soon (I hope) Does anyone have any details or is it just a rumour?
Thanks in advance for any response.
Graeme ;)

It's been clearly mentioned and is in development as per Fractal, but there is no ETA. Not a rumor, but not a reality either AFAIK.

If it doesnt come from Fractal (announcing) then its just a rumour. I think the merger of Atomic and FAS may have changed some direction a bit. IMO <<<< ;) We are all anxious to see what unfolds. One thing you can count on for sure is:

1. There will be a wait
2. There will be a list!
3. There will be 50,000 specualtion threads! ;)

IMO I wouldn't doubt that there are plans for it, but look at what's ahead of it in line. I could only imaine how busy cliff has been with the MFC, Axe Pc, the official software editor and the Fratomic all yet to be released, I doubt we'd see anything like a floor axe this year.

Don't know if it will ever happen, but a self-contained floor based Axe-Fx is my fantasy rig.

Until then, I'll keep lugging both a rack and a separate foot controller to gigs.

Build your own floor-based Axe-Fx in three easy steps:

Ultra.jpg

MFCPROTO.JPG

duct-tape-3m.jpg

Robboman said:
Build your own floor-based Axe-Fx in three easy steps:

MFCPROTO.JPG

Nice pic. I haven't seen the MCF-101 prototype before. Looks pretty cool. Are there going to be labels on it or is it a "do it yourself" labeller?

Hmm. Judging from the size of that EB pedal that board is pretty small. I think I might have a problem getting my size 14s to press only one button at a time...

Those EB pedals are huge though..

See what's in the top left corner? Maybe Cliff is working to interface the MFC directly into the Axe internally without midi. Bolt the MFC on top of the Axe. Put some rubber feet on the bottom of the Axe, lose the rack rails and there you go - the Axe all-in-one floor unit is born. No duct tape required. :p

MFCPROTO.JPG

Back
Top Bottom