Strat-Like Guitars on the market

The Mark Lettieri signature PRS Fiore is very intriguing and definitely one I hope to own someday, it's one of the top 3 guitars I'd like to have. Very well thought out guitar IMO, and USA made PRS quality speaks for itself. I believe it should be on the short list for anyone looking for a 'strat like' SSH. They're around $2k used.

Fender Player Plus Strat HSS has a 12” radius. The player and player plus lines are both excellent for the money. I replaced a Suhr with one and just put the same pickups in it. Put quite a bit of cash back in my pocket. I’m also in the process of making a “Fender Les Paul” with a Player Telecaster HH and Fralin modern PAFs (alnico 4).

Sterling by music man is also an excellent import brand for the money. Their Albert Lee p90 replaced a much more expensive boutique LP special I had, and the Valentine Chambered Bigsby replaced a much more expensive HH bigsby guitar. They make an HSS but I’m not sure of the radius off the top of my head
I got Bigsby guitar and my birthday gift

The Fender American Ultras has a lot of appealing features, and except for very hard rock and heavier rock, can fit in many styles. On a cheaper side I think the Charvel Pro Mod series is a great choice, with active pick ups like the Marco Sfogli can do everything. I own both the Fender and the Charvel so kind of speak after playing them for a while.

Back
Top Bottom