Strat, Axe AC30 & Drive

As usual, man...incredible, TASTEFUL and TASTY playing, great chops...and absolutely incredible tone. You should be proud of yourself! :)

Very nice indeed.

Would you kindly share that patch, or give me an insight into what is in it?
I'm still new to the axe-fx and I'm trying to study other peoples patches to get
ideas on how to improve my own.

tony

Thanks guys for listening and your kind words!

Tony, I'll upload the patch when I'm back home from work this evening.

Andreas

Hi,

as promised, here's the patch! (Will work for both Standard & Ultra).

Andreas

Attachments

• AC30-Lead-andi-o.syx
    2 KB · Views: 116
Andreas, your stuff is so good. Always. Very well done. And that tone is magnificent. You can really dial it in, man. Great attack and bite in the top end without being piercing. I struggle with dialing in that kind of stuff. I'm gonna have to try this patch. Thanks again. I always really enjoy listening to your clips.

Many thanks Andreas for posting the patch.

Its kind of reassuring to me that you can haven't changed any of the amp 'geek' settings which is what
I'm seeing with a lot of patches that sound good. I'm just trying to get a handle at the moment on what kind
of params I should be focusing on until I get more understanding of the axe-fx as a whole. For the kind of tones
I'm looking for I'm seeing a pattern of use an old style amp, turn the master all the way up and increase the sag a bit.

I have a couple of questions about your patch if I may. You have a FX Loop block in there, are you using any outboard
gear for the recording that you posted or is that all axe-fx? Also you have a peq block at the end which is bypassed,
do you switch that in for the recording or is it recorded without the peq?

Thanks again for posting this and the others that you've posted in the past.

tony

relic245 said:
I have a couple of questions about your patch if I may. You have a FX Loop block in there, are you using any outboard
gear for the recording that you posted or is that all axe-fx? Also you have a peq block at the end which is bypassed,
do you switch that in for the recording or is it recorded without the peq?

Hi Tony,

the FX loop is for live use only - I use almost all of my paches on stage, the FX loop delivers
the signal for my MESA 2:100 power amp and a 4 x 12 stereo splitted Marshal cab.
(FOH signal is the complete chain with cab sims and early reflection reverb block direct out to
the mixing console).

The bypassed EQ is just for recording. When recording I bypass the delay and the (first) reverb
blocks in my patches since I always add delay and/or reverb afterwards when I do the mix in Logic.
(I like the Logic Platinum Reverb and the Logic tape delay a lot :cool: ) The reverb block after the cab
sim is an early reflection setting to give the virtual cab some "3D" .

The reverb and delay settings in my patches are all set up for live use, I don't want to tweak them for
recording every time, it's easier for me to add it in Logic.

When bypassing delay and reverb blocks in my patches the signal level goes a good bit up, and
sometimes this can cause some bass frequencies getting a bit boomy, so I cut off a bit of the
low frequencies with the EQ block at the end of the chain. Maybe a bass cut in the early reflection
reverb block would do the same job, but with the EQ block it's more "visual" for me...

For recording I use a minimal setup: AxeFx > Y- cable > MAC G5 on board audio input > Logic.

@ Jiffzilla, hope the patch works for you!

Andreas

Andreas
Very nice-Your playing and feeling always come thru so good. Love that Strat. Can't wait to try your patch with my 89 USA STD. HAs Lindy Frlain Real 54's which have a nice tone alos.
Thanks for the music and the patch
Frank

that's a nice sounding patch, thanks!

what i find interesting though, is that you've picked a V30 for the cab and then had to do loads of tweaking to compensate for it - cutting the lows and highs and boosting the mids. i did a quick rework and if you'd picked the 1x12 blue (as you would expect with a top boost), you can get a similar sound with the eq flat on the amp and the boost on, no GEQ and no drive! yours does sound very good though!

sim

simeon said:
what i find interesting though, is that you've picked a V30 for the cab and then had to do loads of tweaking to compensate for it

You're right! :cool: The reason for this is pretty simple - I set up all my patches for my
live equipment (and live use), in a way that it sounds good through my tupe poweramp and my 4x12.
The Axe V30 cab sim is the IR that comes closest to my "real" sound I'm hearing through
my 4 x 12 (or a 2 x 12 V30 at home), so I use this cab sim in all my patches since the sounds
with the cab sims are my direct FOH sounds!

Andreas

andi-o said:
You're right! :cool: The reason for this is pretty simple - I set up all my patches for my
live equipment (and live use), in a way that it sounds good through my tupe poweramp and my 4x12.
The Axe V30 cab sim is the IR that comes closest to my "real" sound I'm hearing through
my 4 x 12 (or a 2 x 12 V30 at home), so I use this cab sim in all my patches since the sounds
with the cab sims are my direct FOH sounds!

aha! makes sense!

:)

Back
Top Bottom