Stevie Ray Vaughan Tube Screamer

kelso1

Inspired
Plug the axe fx into the front of a REAL tube amp. (Vol 6, Treb 4, Mid 4, Bass 4.7) YMMV

Turn your guitar's volume knob nearly off for CLEAN* (for Little Wing or Tightrope-rhythm)
*also add the FILTER block's volume boost, then just use the guitars volume knob for the solo

Turn your guitar's volume knob up for DIRT (Pride and Joy, House is Rockin')
and use the FILTER block's volume boost for the solo

All effects were borrowed/modified...? I would give credit but I don't remember...

Attachments

• 011 - SRV Tube Screamer.syx
    2 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
I'm not sure how your patch sounds or is set up, but I'll add one thing concerning the SRV sound and TS settings in general... raise the low cut frequency. When A/Bing with my real TS pedals, including a particularly great sounding Keeley modded one that owned the SRV sound, I found the Axe TS compared very favorably once you raise the low cut value. I'll have to look back at one of my patches to see what I raised it to though. When I say it compared favorably, I mean that the sounds were indistinguishable (caveat being that the tone and drive settings would be different - but the resulting tone was identical).

I made this discovery while trying to dial in a few patches to cover my favorite SRV tones. I rarely ever play his stuff, but it was primarily an exercise to see if the Axe-FX could do it as some of those tones are very hard to find with analog gear. It can...

I will eventually share my TS settings and a bunch of other effects stuff if Axe-Manage ever comes out.

D

Nice one Kelso!
Do you care to share any of your patches Dk_ace? I am curious about what you came up with.

Jens

Nice one Kelso!
Do you care to share any of your patches Dk_ace? I am curious about what you came up with.

Jens

I'm going to be sharing a lot of my stuff, patches included, but I'm waiting on Axe-Manage to help me comb through it all and organize it. They say it should be coming out really quickly, so it shouldn't be too much longer before I have everything ready.

The difficulty for me is that I very rarely have my Axe-FX near a computer, and when I do I rarely have the time to plug it in and work with stuff. I do all of my editing via the front panel. Once Axe-Manage is live I'm going to take a day to dump everything and start sorting through it and organizing things so that I can manage it better myself and so that I can share it with others.

D

Back
Top Bottom