Stereo out via USB HELP!

Robpags

hi gang.

Question: I am trying to get stereo ping pong delays with no luck. Can you get stereo separation when going USB into your computer? Or do I have to plug into a stereo interface?

My setup is very basic. AxFx USB into my iMac and played thru GarageBand.

hi gang.

Question: I am trying to get stereo ping pong delays with no luck. Can you get stereo separation when going USB into your computer? Or do I have to plug into a stereo interface?

did you make a stereo track in GarageBand?

Make sure you are not routing into an effect that might sum back to mono.

Maybe post a screen shot or upload a preset.

hi gang.

There are 4 channels of USB outputs. Make sure that you have the inputs of GarageBand setup correctly. Input 1 panned left, and Input 2 panned right. Inputs 3 and 4 are usually used for capturing a dry DI track for re-amping purposes.

Also, use 'direct monitoring' to avoid any latency (assuming GarageBand has this?)... PC user here.

I have the same setup... Axe > USB > iMac > garage band. As Chris posted above, you need to select a stereo track in garage band. The default is mono so this should do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom