Stab at The Electro-Harmonix POG Pedal

G-Man Music

Experienced
I've been listening to the new Chickenfoot III album, which rocks by the way, and one of the songs opens with Satch using the POG pedal for that organ effect. Anyways, thought I'd take a stab at it.

The cabs in the patch are ownhammers I forget which mics but I think it's these: user2 - SLM-h75 m'n'm8
user3 - SLM-m75 m'n'm8

Attachments

• Satriani POG.syx
    2 KB · Views: 126
Hey mate - that sounds fantastic! Good job man.

I tell you which tone I really love (and would love to be able to emulate) from the new Foot album - you know that gnarly tone he has on the outro to three and a half letters? WOW!! Insansely cool sound. I heard him explain it once at the end of a video with Dave Martone where he was using a Dunlop Hendrix Octavio into a Satchurator.

Can't muster the enthusiasm to try to work it out on the Ultra but when I finally get my hands on an Axe II, I'm definitely going after that one!

Thanks! I based this and the playing minus the Styx intro that just came out of the blue but the other two riffs are from this video of Satch going over his pedal board. Joe satriani - Gear and Demonstration - YouTube

@Toadfish, yeah I'm really digging the new Chickenfoot album too. Three and a Half Letters, is one of my fav tracks as well. Hits home for a lot of folks out of work. :-(
I saw that same interview with Joe talking about recording that solo which really captures the feel of that song. Just SCREAMS!! I'll try to work on that effect. I know the stock drive pedal "Octv Dist" could be used but maybe using one of the fuzz models then changing the "clip type" to octv or rect, I think that what it's called, might get you in the ball park. I know the FUZZ master Don Peterson on this forum would know how to do it. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom