'Spirit In The Sky' breakup patch.

JT2

Inspired
That sound is probably the original ripage tone. Actually sounds like the speaker is cut. Has anyone been able to duplicate that? Thanks.

Thanks 'creativespiral'. I've had some of those 'old fuzz boxes' and they don't quite do it. I'm inclined to think it was also a blown speaker as well. You can almost hear the flub. Anyway, I was hoping one of 'the wizards' on the forum here had more luck than me in creating this sound.

Yes. That recording is of a torn speaker cone. I forget where I read the story to that song but I do recall it.

Wondering if you could take one of the fuzzes and run it into a touch of Ring Mod (or maybe vice-versa) to get some of that breakup sound...

Thanks for the info. guys. I still think it's 'one hellofa' challenge to get this classic tone ripage on the Axe Fx. Maybe someone will dig in and get it. I'm just not tweak savvy enough to do it. Wish I was.

I find a tele, neck pickup, light attack with fingers, and the Master fuzz gets pretty close

Maestro fz1a, bosstone, fuzzrite etc all are pretty similar in that 60s style fuzz tone, and the Master fuzz is a pretty good Maestro. Pick hard and it’s “satisfaction”, use a real light attack and it’s a pretty passable “spirit in the sky”

Don’t forget. Some musicians actually lead us astray so we can’t get the tone. I.e EVH brown tone by sending higher AC voltage to the amp or something that wasn’t accurate!:confused::mad::(

Reactions: JT2
Back
Top Bottom