Implemented Spill over

Intheband

Inspired
Hoping the Axe three has an updated version to create spillover from reverb and delays. An EASY way I might add. It was possible on the Axe 2, but a major pain and practically impossible to do all switches used. It would take weeks to get it all right. It’s important for me to be able to change sound without the cut off in delay and reverbs. Hoping it has an Auto spill function! It would be easier to deselect spill over if not needed.

Is there true spill over? as in, if the delay or reverb (or both) are different types? e.g one scene reverb is large hall, then switching to a spring type.... Does the reverb tail of the hall spill over when the new reverb is selected?

The "right" way to do spillover between scenes is to use multiple blocks. For example, if you want to spillover from a big, cavernous reverb to a spring reverb use two reverb blocks. Make sure the Bypass Mode on the blocks is set to Mute FX In.

The Axe-Fx III was designed so that single preset can be thought of as an entire rack full of processors. Each virtual processor has up to four presets. So if you were trying to do spillover in a rack you would use two reverb processors.

Using the example above when you switch from the big reverb scene to the spring scene the big reverb will continue to trail. The III has more than enough power to put multiple reverbs, delays, etc. in a single preset so you can achieve seamless spillover if you program things right.

The Axe-Fx III was designed so that single preset can be thought of as an entire rack full of processors. Each virtual processor has up to four presets. So if you were trying to do spillover in a rack you would use two reverb processors.
Good to know. Many thanks for the pointers! :)

I am having issues with my reverb spillover coming in too loud. Like its boosting the whole clean/reverb chain right when the scene switches. I've got 2 chains, 1 for clean and 1 for distortion. The reverb block is on both chains (muted on the scene 1, the dirty chain)..
Their Bypass mode is set to Mute FX In... Any ideas what could be causing this boost?

I am having issues with my reverb spillover coming in too loud. Like its boosting the whole clean/reverb chain right when the scene switches. I've got 2 chains, 1 for clean and 1 for distortion. The reverb block is on both chains (muted on the scene 1, the dirty chain)..
Their Bypass mode is set to Mute FX In... Any ideas what could be causing this boost?
Do you have anything after the reverb block in your chain that would be boosting the level when you switch scenes? This would happen if you placed your reverb before the amp block as the reverb trail would go into the dirty amp after the scene change.

Got it! Thank you.
Every block was bypassed except my Reverb on my clean/reverb chain while in Scene 1 (Dirty Chain). I have a mixer at the end of both chains and when I unmuted the one on my clean chain the spillover was seamless. Thank you agin!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom