mniel8195

Inspired
I just purchased all the parts for my new system parts as followed
Intel i7 2600k
Rosewill 100 watt power supply
6950 hd video card
Corsair h70 cooling system
Master cooler haf x case

I still need to buy a sound card and I'm a bit lost, I will be going direct with axe fx and using two krk rokit 6 monitors. If there is something recommended please let me know I need it to have fire wire. I would also like to know a good fire wire recording interface, I will only be recording guitar no other instruments besides programmer drums. I will be running windows 7 still not sure what recording software I will be using. Let me know what u guys are using

You need a low latency ASIO sound card.
At least 24Bit 48KHz with SPDIF in so it will interface nicely with the AXE-FX.
PCI, Firewire USB .... it doesn't mater.
Any of the M-AUDIO cards will do for low budget.
I have used PCI cards, both the Audiophile2496 and the Delta 1010LT with great success

;)

Last edited:
Will this double as a sound card?

Yep, I'm using mine for all sounds. I've got a Saffire 24 Pro DSP and it's phenomenal. Only thing I didn't like was using SPDIF for the AxeFX because I don't like being stuck with 48kHz for everything and the analog outputs sound great and the analog inputs of the Saffire are fantastic IMHO.

I like the Fireface that I have, so I would recommend RME's product line, since the clarity is pretty good, and I had tested M-Audio and it lacked the clarity at the very top (brightness, reverb, shimmer). Apogee one or duet might be better and cheaper if you don't need the extra inputs, digital i/o, headphone jack, etc, which I like to have in place of an outboard mixer.

I like the Fireface that I have, so I would recommend RME's product line, since the clarity is pretty good, and I had tested M-Audio and it lacked the clarity at the very top (brightness, reverb, shimmer). Apogee one or duet might be better and cheaper if you don't need the extra inputs, digital i/o, headphone jack, etc, which I like to have in place of an outboard mixer.

apogee one or duet is a no with windows.

Back
Top Bottom