Sometimes I want to move to the US just to buy speaker cabinets

Sorenspete

Inspired
So as you may have seen, I just scored a MESA / Boogie 4x12. I got it for 1750 NZD used - that's a little over 1000 USD. Pretty good considering that same cab is probably 3300 NZD new. So yeah, things are bad here, but here's an even better example: the guy who claims to be the Bogner distributor in New Zealand is some unhinged fella who will offer to sell you Laney cabs because he doesn't have any Bogner stuff (he never has Bogner stuff). Whereas if I lived in the US, I could have a brand new Bogner 4x12 delivered to me for 1299 USD from the Sweetwater website - that's only 2100 NZD (the same cost as a MESA 2x12). I realise Bogner isn't the best example considering how bad Bogner are with marketing, communications, and distribution, but it's a fair point.

Being a music gearhead in New Zealand absolutely blows bigtime.

Buying gear in the US is cool until you see what the gear sells for in Europe. Then you buy from Europe just to realize you get your pants tariffed off in customs duties. One way or the other, you pay, pay and pay.

NYC, for everything I despise about it, has unmatched cuisine. You can eat your way into a coma with cuisine from every continent and never have to go outside of walking distance to do it.
I agree but I do prefer Philly. It’s just easier. New Jersey has some incredible restaurants too. We don’t have as many chains as the rest of the country. We prefer smaller family owned restaurants.

I agree but I do prefer Philly. It’s just easier. New Jersey has some incredible restaurants too. We don’t have as many chains as the rest of the country. We prefer smaller family owned restaurants.
Oh no question nyc absolutely sucks. Even if you get a parking meter and don’t pay 40 bucks to park after 25 bucks in tolls, you’ll probably end up a crime victim walking back to your car. I wouldn’t come here for the food or anything else on purpose.

I miss my NJ cuisine so badly...pork roll egg and cheese on a lightly toasted bagel (with SPK) for breakfast, and then some of the best pizza on earth for lunch. Dinner? I'm probably already dead from the coronary.

So as you may have seen, I just scored a MESA / Boogie 4x12. I got it for 1750 NZD used - that's a little over 1000 USD. Pretty good considering that same cab is probably 3300 NZD new. So yeah, things are bad here, but here's an even better example: the guy who claims to be the Bogner distributor in New Zealand is some unhinged fella who will offer to sell you Laney cabs because he doesn't have any Bogner stuff (he never has Bogner stuff). Whereas if I lived in the US, I could have a brand new Bogner 4x12 delivered to me for 1299 USD from the Sweetwater website - that's only 2100 NZD (the same cost as a MESA 2x12). I realise Bogner isn't the best example considering how bad Bogner are with marketing, communications, and distribution, but it's a fair point.

Being a music gearhead in New Zealand absolutely blows bigtime.
The problem with guitar cabs 412's specifically are expensive to ship and a PITA to haul around! I used to lug around 2 of them. After that I moved to a pair of 212's even that got old pretty quick.

To build them is pretty easy and not that expensive in done in mass production. The fact that you live on an island doesn't help you either. Everything has to come by boat or plane which further drives up the costs. Add to that the exchange rate and you have what you have!

How much does your dealer want for the new Laney 412 FR cab?

if you move from Europe to California, in sime cities, you dont even have to pay for the speakers anymore. people just walk into stores and take whatever they want. not even trying to apprehend them, let alone prosecute them.

if you move from Europe to California, in sime cities, you dont even have to pay for the speakers anymore. people just walk into stores and take whatever they want. not even trying to apprehend them, let alone prosecute them.
Unfortunately, true but I think they made an adjustment and the cost of goods stolen has to be $900 or more for CA to prosecute. :mad::hushed: Like that will make a difference. It's absolutely crazy. :dizzy:

the gall! i have to visit the store TWICE to steal each EV?? what the hell is the world coming to? 😜

• Haha
Reactions: sb3
Back
Top Bottom