Something I've really come to love about the A2...

ventura

Experienced
...is just how sensitive it is to different pickups.

I've got a number of guitars equipped with different BKPs, stock, etc. pups. Sure, I can detect an audible difference when blasting through my analog kits. But man, does it ever shine through on the Axe-II. Incredibly so. Very very cool.

Me likey.

+1 - this is the first thing I noticed. Other modelling devices made my guitars sound the same - their character shines through with the Axe FX.

The Axe reacts just like a real and good guitar amp does. Guitars and pickups sound different on any good amp, as they do with the Axe. It's a good thing

When people share patches, what guitar that patch was made with, becomes important. Yay

+1 - this is the first thing I noticed. Other modelling devices made my guitars sound the same - their character shines through with the Axe FX.

Definitely. Not only did most of my guitars sound the same through other modelers, I had a couple that wouldn't sound good no matter what I tried. That problem went away with the Fractal.

It's funny you should mention this, I thought the same thing. The pickup selection sounds like it would with a real amp..... I'm not sure what's real now- moreover, I don't care. If it sounds good - so be it.

I agree. Because of this my GAS has increased massively for pickups and guitars in general.

I bet I've bought about 20 different pickups to try in all my guitars since getting the Axe.

+1

I believe the AxeFx II magnifies the differences between pickups and pickup selection on the same guitar. The bridge and neck pups are very distinct tones.

Back
Top Bottom