Some real-time 'movement' control possibilities in effects?

JTI

Power User
Good morning. Some control questions.

A few of you have probably seen me post my synthwave stuff from back in COVID times. What I am wanting to do is get some of those equivalent types of controls ported over to the FAS fx world. Boss FX are fine but FAS is much more pristine and would be killer to have. After grabbing up @simeon presets and going through them; I know this kind of thing can be done. Just kind of "ehh" on how to do it?

Here are examples of what I am thinking of. Listen to the intros of both of these tracks below. Like tremolo/slicer to the BPM of whatever track in question. The second example would be the filter sweep. I'd like expression pedal control maybe? Or be able to assign a control switch and have the FAS fx do these same things, whether it's on top of a guitar signal or something I am doing on my guitar synth?

it's super old (almost vintage) but you could watch a vid i made about the internal controllers a few years ago. it might help you get your head around how it's done

watch in glorious 480p...

if you want things to lock in to a tempo, then you choose a tempo division (like 1/4, 1/8 etc next to the parameter in question) and it will lock in to the tempo of the axe - either the global tempo, or the tempo you have chosen for that particular preset.

pm me if you still need to help with figuring out some specific examples

it's super old (almost vintage) but you could watch a vid i made about the internal controllers a few years ago. it might help you get your head around how it's done

if you want things to lock in to a tempo, then you choose a tempo division (like 1/4, 1/8 etc next to the parameter in question) and it will lock in to the tempo of the axe - either the global tempo, or the tempo you have chosen for that particular preset.

Thank you for this! THIS is deep. Couple of ways I could go.

I will probably dig up a few of the presets really catching my ear and play around with preset BPM and tempo division. As well as adding sequencer steps to see how it sounds. Another thought might be to put the Boss synth block in the chain in place of whatever synth blocks in some of your presets that catch my ear and see if I can match controllable parameters in the oscillator settings on it and see if I can mimic some of that control within the Boss environment then add all post fx from FAS.

Still the hold standard video on the controllers tab!

Reactions: JTI
Back
Top Bottom