Solved : USB, Mojave, Cubase 9.5.x

grape

Experienced
Just FYI for anyone in a similar situation, AxeIII 1.17 USB 1.06 (and AxeII, AxeII XL, AxeII XL+ with latest), USB aggregate devices, Mojave (OSX), and Cubase 9.5.30 (the latest) do not fully work. Axe seems to be fine. Ins and outs work (according to the meter screen) but OSX or Cubase is not receiving the output from USB.

This was all working on High Sierra with multiple AxeIIIs and IIs believe it or not. I normally use SPDIF or AES but decided to try USB to gain the benefit of having 4x4 USB through the AxeIIIs. With High Sierra it worked and did not lose sync over time like it used to. My only gripe was that when changing I/O settings on the Mac side, there's a few second pause. No biggie although that didn't happen with SPDIF/AES. Anyway, Mojave/Cubase is the likely cause. Maybe Fractal has some insight.

Last edited:
So... it's not the AxeFX. I think it's an issue with Cubase and returns. Effect returns aren't working in Cubase no matter where they are coming from. Time to switch to a backup with High Sierra... work must be done.

Cubase 9.5.30 works fine now with all of my interfaces (including multiple Ax3’s,Ax2’s, other interdaces, and agreggate devices).

I had to allow Cubase access to the microphone in System Preferences. Go figure. Microphone = any audio input in core audio!

Back
Top Bottom