[SOLVED] No recording/playback when recording into Logic Pro X on AX8

MPrela

Questioning the relevancy of this thread considering the Axe FX III and FM3 are very much a thing, but I just bought an AX8 and am having trouble recording into Logic Pro X. My setup is a the unit itself going into my Focusrite 6i6 via S/PDIF, of which is going through my Yamaha HS5's through Line Outputs 1/2 and the interface going into my Macbook Air via USB. For reference, this setup is almost entirely Leon Todd's method, of which you can find on Youtube by searching "My AX8 Recording Rig".

The DAW recognizes my levels, I can hear my guitar (will get into i/o settings in a bit), but for the life of me I cannot hash out whether its a problem in the audio settings, Focusrite Control, or even the unit itself. I'm set to 48kHz, and under Logic Preferences>Audio>Devices, I can see that it recognizes my Scarlett 6i6 for both input and output devices. However under the I/O Assignments page, it doesn't give me an option to put in an input device, its literally just a blank screen. I'm pretty frustrated as I spent a chunk of change to acquire the unit and I'm pulling my hair out to get the most out of it. All and any help is greatly appreciated, and genuinely am looking looking forward to see who can help me get to the bottom of this. Will provide pictures for even more context. Thanks a lot guys!

Attachments

• IMG_3809.jpg
    IMG_3809.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3810.jpg
    IMG_3810.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3811.jpg
    IMG_3811.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3813.jpg
    IMG_3813.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3814.jpg
    IMG_3814.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
It's not a concern that the Input panel is blank. It's that way on all of my interfaces. Have you selected the correct input at the track level?

Attachments

• Monosnap 2019-07-17 19-25-11.png
    Monosnap 2019-07-17 19-25-11.png
    183.3 KB · Views: 14
It's not a concern that the Input panel is blank. It's that way on all of my interfaces. Have you selected the correct input at the track level?
Yep, its on Input 1, but that could be the issue. When i unplug my guitar from the unit into Analogue Input 1 of the interface, I can hear the DI, as I expect. But I need to figure out a way in which I can plug into my AX8, and my interface can communicate with it at the same time for recording.

Yes, Inputs 1 & 2 are the ones assigned to the XLR/TRS jacks in front of your interface.

In Logic, as Matt already pointed, you need to select the input for each one of your tracks (you can set a default input in your template for new projects) and need to use the one assigned to S/PDIF. In my Scarlett 18i20 inputs 9 & 10 are used for S/PDIF as 1-8 are the XLR/TRS inputs (and 11-18 are for ADAT I think). As I don't know exactly how your inputs are arranged, I'd say go one for one until you find the one passing signal thru.

Yes, Inputs 1 & 2 are the ones assigned to the XLR/TRS jacks in front of your interface.

In Logic, as Matt already pointed, you need to select the input for each one of your tracks (you can set a default input in your template for new projects) and need to use the one assigned to S/PDIF. In my Scarlett 18i20 inputs 9 & 10 are used for S/PDIF as 1-8 are the XLR/TRS inputs (and 11-18 are for ADAT I think). As I don't know exactly how your inputs are arranged, I'd say go one for one until you find the one passing signal thru.

Nice, got it going. Thanks a lot guys

Back
Top Bottom