[solved] Missing User Cabs after upgrading to FW25.01

is9582

Power User
AF3 Mk1 FW 25.01 Axe-Edit 1.13.19 Macbook Pro 10.13.6

All ended well, but I've owned and used AxeFx units since 2009, so felt confident it was nothing catastrophic. For someone that might have a new(ish) AxeFX3, with very little time under their belts, this scenario could seem quite dire!

Last night I loaded the fresh FW25.01 onto my AF3 Mk1, and after the requisite reboot following a firmware load, I shut my AF3 and my laptop down.

When I got up this morning, I made a quick "test" preset (with just an Input block, an Ouput block, and a cab block) using Axe-Edit 1.13.19, to confirm all of my user cabs were in place. (I'm truly not quite sure why I had any question about my user cabs, but none the less, thats what happened.) When I opened the Cab block, the cell below the "Picker" selector where the cab type (i.e. Legacy, User 1, User 2...) is located (photo below), was empty. I can't recall ever seeing that empty before, so I clicked the "Picker" selector, and it brought up the listing of Cabs with "All Banks" selected, as is normal. I clicked the "Bank" selector, and chose User 1. This brought up the "User 1" section screen, but there was no cabs present; not even the usual list of <empty> placeholders. I changed to the User 2 section, but it also was completely devoid of cabs or <empty> indicators. I checked the Factory 1, Factory 2 and the Legacy cabs sections, and each of the three had cabs in their respective slots.

I did a quick search of the Fractal Forum, but didn't find any relevant scenarios from others having the same/similar issue.

Resolution:
In AxeEdit 1.13.19. in the Settings menu, I clicked on Refresh After New Firmware. When the refresh was complete, all of the User 1 and User 2 cabs were again available as expected. As mentioned above, I've owned AxeFX units for a long time. And I can't recall experiencing this issue after any of the numerous firmware installs I've performed, and there were quite a few where I overlooked performing the Refresh After New Firmware, yet did not exhibit this loss of recognizing the User Cabs.

Cheers,
Lee

Attachments

• Cab type selection circled.jpg
    Cab type selection circled.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 5
You could have also gone into Manage Cabs and clicked the "refresh" icon...

Seems like Axe-Edit somehow lost its "cache" of the IRs, or possible didn't load them correctly when you updated it.

Yeah, totally agree. Not sure why going into Manage Cabs didn’t cross my mind. Coffee must not have kicked in at that point. Lol

Back
Top Bottom