Solved: AX8 running out of CPU

I'm curious to know more about the reverb limitations given it and delay are my favorite effects, especially how it relates to high Rez cabs.
there are no "reverb limitations" other than there is only 1 Reverb block available per preset, compared to the Axe-Fx II which has 2 blocks available per preset.

as with any digital device, there are CPU limitations. i'd suggest watching this video to see some of the presets i created that use a lot of blocks and have a lot of features:

-break time over, back to work :)-

My preset is attached. It should be 80% CPU on your AX8. If not, I would contact support.

There are also two GEQ blocks that are used only for signal routing to bypass the Wah in Scene 1, and then enable the Wah and bypass the Vol/Pan block in Scene 2. Scene 3 is uses the Amp Y setting for a clean tone.

Nice trick for having volume and Wah with one pedal, using scenes.

BTW: on factory preset B12 P3 if you switch Delay to Y AX8 will run out of CPU and switch off Reverb.

This sort of thing can happen because the X and Y states of a block can use different amounts of CPU. If you are not actually using the Y state of an effect, it would be a safe move to use the copy X->Y feature on AX8Edit. That way if you accidentally switch from X to Y in a performance (which is relatively easy to do on the AX8 as compared to the rack units) you won't adversely affect your sound.
-
Austin

They're not un-used... they're just BYPASSED. They use CPU so they can actually do something when you turn them on.
Ah, allright, a wording misunderstanding. It makes all the sense not to keep blocks that you are not planning to use, yes.

I'm confused...... I read this to say "if you have blocks in your presets that you aren't using, by removing them it will free up CPU" , but....if you're not using a block, why would you have it in your preset in the first place? Am I reading what you are saying wrong? Is there something else I am missing?
I read the same thing, but it's clear now.

This sort of thing can happen because the X and Y states of a block can use different amounts of CPU. If you are not actually using the Y state of an effect, it would be a safe move to use the copy X->Y feature on AX8Edit. That way if you accidentally switch from X to Y in a performance (which is relatively easy to do on the AX8 as compared to the rack units) you won't adversely affect your sound.
-
Austin
It is clear for me but it is interesting that "out of power patch" is factory patch. In next FW update I suggest remove Y state for DLY in this patch.

It is clear for me but it is interesting that "out of power patch" is factory patch. In next FW update I suggest remove Y state for DLY in this patch.

You can remove a Y state. If a block is capable of X/Y then both states will be present. There's no way to somehow convert it to a X-only block (although I believe someone has made a wishlist request to that effect?). Hence, my recommendation to copy X->Y
-
Austin

Austin it is simply and no problem for me but any one factory patch should be "safe". It isn't my patch or my modification.

And yes... I noticed few empty Y states on some block in factory preset what resulting lack of sound on the output. In next FW should be automatic procedure which will copy X to Y for safety reason.

Back
Top Bottom